Clamshell Molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VRDubb02

Reaction score
Newbie here, I recently ordered some supplies to try my hand at Wax Melts and the last thing I need to order are the shells. I noticed on some of the descriptions it reads that it can take up to 130-150 degrees pour however on certain waxes the recommended pour temperature varies from 160-175. Could someone with more knowledge on the matter give me some suggestions?

Yes that I understand that but the temp of some of the waxes I have seen recommend a pour at about 170-160 but some of these mold I am seeing have a temp max of like 140-150's...I worry about warping of the plastic on those.

Hi @VRDubb02 I had the same concern using Milky Way plastic molds for hot processed soaps, especially when using high-temp HP. I personally didn't experience any warping even at temps up to 190F.

Not having any experience with hot wax, I don't know if the cooling rate is similar to HP soap batter, but I'd think it might be. I also don't know if your clamshells are made of the same material as the Milky Way molds. You might email the supplier to ask about that, and also try one batch to see how it goes. Best of luck to you!

Back