City Park news...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacyspy

Reaction score
I'm so excited!!! All the work I've done, and all the work I've made DH do is starting to pay off!
I've been applying for grants to help supplement donations, and I just got a letter from our telephone company they have given us a $500 grant!!! That will get us the materials to break ground and build the Book Nook, and will also allow us to buy a flag, flagpole, and lighting! Woohoo!!!!
Also, every year the fire station holds a 4th of July pancake breakfast, and lots of people attend who used to live in our city. One of the older gentlemen I had the pleasure of chatting with turned out to be the son of the man who originally built the Park. I received in the mail this morning a $500 check, with lovely note thanking me for continuing with his father's work. I'm so very humbled.
I never in a million years would've imagined I'd be doing something like this, and now I can't imagine having it any other way.
Everyone have a great day!!!

Back