Citrus Grandis Seed Extract / Grapefruit Seed Antibacterial Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your last question, but are you saying you want to use triclosan, and if so, why? Crest has removed it from its ingredients, Europe banned it five years ago, Minnesota banned it a couple years ago, and the FDA is investigating it further after non-industry research has shown it to be a known hormone disruptor and carcinogen. Just me, but I avoid it like the plague.

Last edited:
All soap is antibacterial in that it removes bacteria from the skin during the washing process. Using triclosan or other "antibacterial" ingredients is no more effective than just using plain soap.

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm205999.htm

I made my aunt a soap with tea tree and lavender EO (both with anti bacterial properties) and she swore it stopped her from getting small infected scratches after gardening. She always washed her hands with regular soap but that didn't always prevent the infections.

I made my aunt a soap with tea tree and lavender EO (both with anti bacterial properties) and she swore it stopped her from getting small infected scratches after gardening. She always washed her hands with regular soap but that didn't always prevent the infections.

Good to note.

There is no way that ingredients list is in the correct order! Just sayin'.....

Latest posts

Back