Circling Taiwan swirl.. I had to try.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TVivian

Reaction score
Ok ok.. So the Soap**** addicts are probably tired of seeing this one everywhere haha.. But I had to give it a try and I can't lie... It was fun!

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1438133797.975047.jpg

Now that I look at it, I probably should have circled a few more times.

I never get tired of seeing well done swirl techniques. My BF asked me the other day why I was watching videos from one youtuber who does things that annoy me. I told him that even tho some of the environmental things make me mad, I like watching her technique and seeing what comes of it.

That is really gorgeous. I am going to have to get some dividers and give that a try...

Beautiful! Haven't been online lately. Somehow I've yet to see this technique. Love your color choices. Cut please?!

I never get tired of seeing well done swirl techniques. My BF asked me the other day why I was watching videos from one youtuber who does things that annoy me. I told him that even tho some of the environmental things make me mad, I like watching her technique and seeing what comes of it.

That is really gorgeous. I am going to have to get some dividers and give that a try...

I'm with you! I will watch ANY soap making video. It's become my late night pass time.. And I talk to the screen when I'm annoyed! "We don't need to hear your stick blender for that long" "why is your tv volume on?" "Ugh... Pause your camera while you do that!" .... Those are the types of things I say out loud, and my husband thinks I'm crazy. I probably am.

You DEFINITELY are. Soaping mad, like the rest of us ...

There are just some people I *cannot* watch, that Kathy woman who is an ED schill is one of them. I would poke my own eyes/ears out if I was forced to watch a bunch of her videos.

ETA: Kathy is not soaping101. I know S101 reps ED, but she is a pro (I liked her vid on this technique) I am happy to watch her videos.

Last edited:
I'm with you! I will watch ANY soap making video. It's become my late night pass time.. And I talk to the screen when I'm annoyed! "We don't need to hear your stick blender for that long" "why is your tv volume on?" "Ugh... Pause your camera while you do that!" .... Those are the types of things I say out loud, and my husband thinks I'm crazy. I probably am.

I get annoyed when people just add mica to soap batter and then SB to mix. I am just waiting for them to complain about the batter being too thick!

Or when kids are near, for the risk to them, and kids tend to be loud and just as grating as a SB.

And none of US think you are crazy Viv. :D

I get annoyed when people just add mica to soap batter and then SB to mix. I am just waiting for them to complain about the batter being too thick!

I usually pre-mix micas in oil, mostly b/c I am afraid of getting clumps. But didn't really think it would reduce mixing/thickening time, do you find that it does?

B, I'm not kchaystack, but I know from experience that just SB'ing in micas makes your batter thicker since you cant just whisk it in or mix it in. To get rid of clumps you have to SB it. That makes the batter significantly thicker. I mix my micas in water now and keep them in little bottles so I can color easily.

I guess that is true, K, w/the pre-mixed micas I can get away with whisking them into swirl cups rather than SB'ing if I have to, although I usually do SB a bit as well b/c it gets them blended better. So many people do it (the straight mica addition to batter) that I was beginning to think I am being over-cautious.

Last edited:
Back