Cinnamon Shampoo Bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taffylyon10

Reaction score
I recently read an ad for a Cinnamon Shampoo Bar that is supposed to stimulate the scalp and over all be an excellent product for your hair. Does anyone have an idea how this recipe could be translated into a truly healthy bar of cinnamon shampoo with just oils and essential oils. What are the preferred oils for shampoo? I am thinking olive oil, shea butter and cocoa butter. Does cinnamon essential oil hasten trace?

Fresh Ingredients
= natural ingredients = safe synthetics

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Glycerine , Nettle Infusion (Urtica dioica) , Peppermint Infusion (Mentha piperita) , Nettle Absolute (Urtica dioica) Rosemary Absolute (Rosmarinus officinalis) , Rosemary Absolute , Bay Oil (Laurus nobilis) , Clove Bud Oil (Eugenia caryophyllus) , Cinnamon Leaf Oil (Cinnamomum cassia) , *Cinnamal , *Eugenol , *Benzyl Benzoate , *Limonene , *Linalool , D&C Red 30 , Cinnamon Sticks (Cinnamomum cassia)

Cinnamon leaf and/or Cassia are known potential skin irritants. I'd hesitate to use them on the scalp although the herbal infused oils look nice.

I use cinnamon leaf eo in a few of my soaps. It's strong enough that I can blend it with other eo's in small amounts and still get the scent to come through. Too much can be irritating. It does make the soap trace super fast! I have had good luck blending just to emulsion then whisking the eo's in by hand and pouring fast.

Back