Cinnamon Leaf?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@soapmaker - SO TRUE! And people are so generous and helpful! NOW, if I would only read ahead (like BEFORE I add cinamon not after!) I would have less "Garbage Disposal Freshener"

BTW - I double checked bottle and it says "cosmeceutical grade" (don't you love the new terms!) and since I used less than an ounce in 855 gms oil I should be OK - or.......GDF :)

Thank you again!

One of the most beautiful soaps and best smelling soaps I made used cinnamon essential oil. The first time I used it, my skin burned red from head to toe, not a pretty sight. I was the only one in my family to react like that.

WOW - thank you for that - I have a friend who reacts to things that don't phase me a bit - I will make sure not to give any of this away! I do so love the smell of cinnamon. Maybe I will stick with using in in room sprays!

I used 1% in my thieves/germ busting cp soap and had a little acceleration, but it came out ok and smells so good! I was expecting it to be worse, because of what I’ve always heard about clove and cinnamon. Just plan and be ready for it and know that it’s not impossible to work with in your soap!! I added lemon zest, cloves rosemary and a half of a cinnamon stick as a garnish on top (all dried of course!). I’m very pleased with the results! My eo blend has cinnamon cassia.

Here’s a post on the differences between the two essential oils:
http://blog.bulknaturaloils.com/ind...he-cassia-versus-cinnamon-leaf-oil-confusion/
I’ve never bought essential oils from here, but I have bought bulk soaping oils and red palm oil for making popcorn. Red palm and sea salt make the best popcorn ever!!

Attachments

• A0ADDFED-116D-400E-BC1A-648DAFA06242.jpeg
    A0ADDFED-116D-400E-BC1A-648DAFA06242.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back