Cinnamon Festivus Bars = A success !

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheesenoodle

Reaction score
Thought I lost this CP batch when all the sudden it got like lard consistency after 10min of stirring, so dumped it out and smeared it into its mold in a hurry (was originally going to just throw it ontop of pre-laid cinnamon streaks but didn't because of the rush), and then doused it with cinnamon. The top crusted over, and got all wrinkly, I thought it'd turn out ugly and bad but I made sure to make deep crevices down through the soap to the bottom of the mold with a knife to fill with cinnamon as a last ditch effort to incorporate more cinnamon. Then, smushed everything back together by pressing down on the cinnamon covered top.

In the mold, it got pretty hot still, and was still clear-ish when all was said and done, but the top was a little drier/colder, so it remained wrinkly and crust-eh.

After it sat for a day I trimmed it up and it looks cooler than I had imagined..This recipe is a keeper and it was partly due to accident. I think part of why it hardened up was due to a 2:1 lye ratio and stirring for too long, and also mixing ingredients when they were at 120F (impatient, said whatever). But all of that turned into a good thing. Next time no need to use so much cinnamon ontop, as it gets mostly trimmed off anyways.

photo4_zps45c93858.jpg

photo3_zpsad4575d4.jpg

photo2_zps090e9784.jpg

photo1_zpsab3671ac.jpg

photo_zps7d8c2417.jpg

Reminds me of "Spalted" Maple lumber...very desirable & expensive for woodworkers (my other hobby).

Love your 'happy accident'!

Theresa

Latest posts

Back