Cinnamon & Clove?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aselland

Reaction score
This Christmas I am trying my hand at candles to hopefully include with everyones gifts. I LOVE cinnamon and clove candles - usually get them at bath & body works. Is there a candle safe fragrance that is this scent? If so, where can I find it?? If I can find this, I'd probably make a million candles for myself too ;) TIA!

2 weeks ago I used cloves & cinnamon leaf in 2% with sweet orange and clementine 3% I love the smell. I don't have reaction but it's depend on your skin. Just be careful not using too much.

Cinnamon and clove EOs are fairly inexpensive. That might be a good way to go. For example, Brambleberry has Cinnamon Leaf EO for 5.80 for 2 oz, which is similar to pricing for FOs.

And those are okay for candles? I wasn't sure I could use those... Only because Brambleberry has a specific fragrance section for candles.

Check out rustic escentuals, I think they are mostly geared towards candle making, have several fragrances and they do list stuff like hot/ cold throw, gel candle safe or not, that kind of stuff. I think you can use any fragrance in candles, when it comes to bath and body products and cosmetics, that's when I see people talking about skin safe issues. I could be wrong as I haven't made any candles and haven't really researched things for that purpose. But do check out rusticescentuals.com, I'm sure you will find what you are looking for.

And those are okay for candles? I wasn't sure I could use those... Only because Brambleberry has a specific fragrance section for candles.

In general, the issue isn't a FO/EO being incompatable with candles, it is with the FO/EO being unsafe for the skin. Obviously with EOs, you want to be a bit more careful in general, candle or skin.

Latest posts

Back