Cigar Bands?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dana

Reaction score
I hope you all aren't tiring of all my newbie questions...I certainly appreciate your patience! :shock:
I like the look of finished soaps with the paper band wrapping, I assume this is what people refer to as a "cigar band"?

My question is, how do you do it? Is each one individually cut to measure? Do you tape it? Glue it?
If you only have 5 soaps to wrap this would be ok I guess........lol

Anyhow I like this look and would like to learn more about it if anyone does it and has tips to share!

Thank you

Dana

That is how I wrap all my soaps. I have a template that I made in MS Publisher (You can do it in Word too) and I print out 5 per page. . . I like to show a lot of my soap so mine are a little thinner then some that I have seen. But anyway I print out the page and cut them and I just wrap the bars and glue the flaps with a regular glue stick.

Sounds pretty easy.....thank you....I found a few templates searching online also. (yes it's cp)

Thanks bunches!

Dana

tangled_panda said:
That is how I wrap all my soaps. I have a template that I made in MS Publisher (You can do it in Word too) and I print out 5 per page. . . I like to show a lot of my soap so mine are a little thinner then some that I have seen. But anyway I print out the page and cut them and I just wrap the bars and glue the flaps with a regular glue stick.
H

Hi Panda,

Can you Please send me the cigar band for the MS Word??

I'm leaving for Arizona to see My Family.. Would like to have nice lables on my soap for gifts.. This will be the first time my mom and sisters have used my soap.. I have been bragging about it to them for a few weeks..

How I soap up twice because the soap feels and smells wonderful..

I would love to add lables..

Oh I have an important Question to Pau..l Hi Paul!!! or any of you ol timers in the soap making .. I plan to take about 10 lbs or more bars of soap in my luggage from FL to AZ.. Do any of you see a problem at the airport with so much soap in my luggage.. I need a reply soon... I am leaving Thursday the 25. th..

Thanks to all of you!!!

Leah

Leah, I don't think there should be any issues. Are you carrying it on or checking the luggage with the soap? If you check it, it should be fine! Unless the dogs smell the glycerin and they think you have a bomb! LOL No, it should be fine. :D

Paul.... :wink:

Hey Leah, because your flight isn't international I can't see a problem myself. I've never flown with that much soap, but my ideas would be to not put them in your carry on luggage, this avoids too many questions and you having to explain yourself. Make sure the soap is sealed so that it doesn't smell too much, you never know what those dogs will sniff out. I had a colleague who was stopped at an airport once, because her husband forgot he put a ham sandwich in his pocket. The search dog smelled it while walking by and would not move on. Talk about embarrasing. Last but not least make sure you don't go over your weight requirements

Soapmaker Man said:
Leah, I don't think there should be any issues. Are you carrying it on or checking the luggage with the soap? If you check it, it should be fine! Unless the dogs smell the glycerin and they think you have a bomb! LOL No, it should be fine. :D

Thanks so much Paul..

I would have to cancel my trip if they took all my soap.. I'm taking 81 bars on the plane.. Checking it in baggage.

It would kill me if they took all of my soap that I am so proud of..LOL

Also , would the pumkin rot without a preservative in the soap???

Not a problem with the pumpkin "rotting." The saponification process "cooks" it and there is no issues with nasties associated with using it. I have some from the swap here that is 3 months old and looks and smells great! Save travels to you! Wishing you and your soaps a safe journey!

Paul... :wink:

Soapmaker Man said:
Not a problem with the pumpkin "rotting." The saponification process "cooks" it and there is no issues with nasties associated with using it. I have some from the swap here that is 3 months old and looks and smells great! Save travels to you! Wishing you and your soaps a safe journey!

Do you need to let the pumpkin cure longer??

Leah said:
Soapmaker Man said:

Do you need to let the pumpkin cure longer??

No, but I do a "water discount" or I soap at a 34% lye solution. The pumpkin has a lot of water in it. I use about 1 rounded decent size spoonful per pound of oils in the recipe! :) I let it cure the same as my other soaps, at least 5 to 6 weeks before selling. I use it as soon as a day or 2 after making it though. The aloe vera juice, silk, and the goat milk makes my soap so mild!

Latest posts

Back