Chunder - pics added

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surf girl

Reaction score
Yes, vomit. That's what mr surf girl called my soap tonight! :lol:

I was doing a complicated (for me) soap scrap rebatch thingy that required pouring around a divider. So I asked him to hold the mold (my trusty milk carton) steady. "I promise I won't pour raw soap on you", said I. And he looked at my chunky multi-coloured batter and said, "That looks like vomit." Whereupon I splodged some raw soap on his bare hand. Not on purpose, I swear. I'm not like that. Really. REALLY. I'm serious. I'm not.

The very wonderful mr surf girl did continue to hold the mold in place despite the lye plop on his hand (such a he-man). Although he did comment, "I hope it doesn't look like that when it's done." And later muttered "Chunder."

I will most definitely post pics of my Puke Soap when it's done.

--> ETA: Scroll down for added pics.

Re: Chunder

surf girl said:
Yes, vomit. That's what mr surf girl called my soap tonight! :lol:

I was doing a complicated (for me) soap scrap rebatch thingy that required pouring around a divider. So I asked him to hold the mold (my trusty milk carton) steady. "I promise I won't pour raw soap on you", said I. And he looked at my chunky multi-coloured batter and said, "That looks like vomit." Whereupon I splodged some raw soap on his bare hand. Not on purpose, I swear. I'm not like that. Really. REALLY. I'm serious. I'm not.

The very wonderful mr surf girl did continue to hold the mold in place despite the lye plop on his hand (such a he-man). Although he did comment, "I hope it doesn't look like that when it's done." And later muttered "Chunder."

I will most definitely post pics of my Puke Soap when it's done.

Volume 2009 , chapter 33 page 999 paragraph 22 of Soapers Reasons to Devorce. There it is clearly :wink:

:lol: :lol:

I think it's all in the delivery. I think a disparaging, "Your soap looks like vomit!" definitely meets the criteria. However, the slow recognition and OMG facial expression and kind of bemused yet horrified tone means I can allow some leniency. "It looks like... vomit." (Especially when mr surf girl has an uncontrollable revulsion for all bodily expulsions. And then I go and drop some Puke Soap on his hand. I think he gets a free pass).

Mitigating circumstances

surf girl said:
:lol: :lol:

I think it's all in the delivery. I think a disparaging, "Your soap looks like vomit!" definitely meets the criteria. However, the slow recognition and OMG facial expression and kind of bemused yet horrified tone means I can allow some leniency. "It looks like... vomit." (Especially when mr surf girl has an uncontrollable revulsion for all bodily expulsions. And then I go and drop some Puke Soap on his hand. I think he gets a free pass).
Absolutely and tell him I love him too for taking good soapy care of you :shock:
The soap making court is now Dismissed :lol:

Mike, if mr surf girl saw that thing, he'd toss. He can't even bear to scoop poop from any dog that is not his own - we frequently dog sit for friends. (It's OK, I require him to deal with anything dead and headless that finds its way into the house - we have a cat who is a Killing Machine.)

I really wanna see pics of this now famous puke soap!! It sounds so interesting!!!

surf girl said:
Mike, if mr surf girl saw that thing, he'd toss. He can't even bear to scoop poop from any dog that is not his own - we frequently dog sit for friends. (It's OK, I require him to deal with anything dead and headless that finds its way into the house - we have a cat who is a Killing Machine.)

Dead and headless makes me toss! EEK

Oh, well you'll love this story then. Our previous Killing Machine, may she rest in peace, used to come in and out of the house via a bank of windows whose sill was where a headboard would usually be. One morning while I was just waking up, I heard her jump in above my head, and then I felt a thunk on my chest. Mr surf girl, who is not as much of a sleepy head as I am, said "Keep your eyes closed and don't move", kind of in that voice movie heroes use when the girl is about to get bitten by a giant snake. He removed the weight from my chest.

It wasn't the cat.

It was the bloody headless cadaver of a very large rabbit that miss Henry Jones Elizabeth Bones (aka Jonesy Bones) had dropped on me.

Tossing yet?

(I have a T-shirt from the Onion with a picture of a cute kitty that reads, "Kitten thinks of nothing but murder all day." It's great).

OK, I cut it and trimmed it.

Ta-da! Puke Soap:
chunder-1.jpg

It is the white part that was chundery. Even though it looks pretty good now, I think one can imagine how it would have looked when it was all creamy and white with little carrot-like chunks of orange and squash-like chunks of gold, all oozing in a thick sloppy slither down into the mold... Quite a lot like vomit, really.

I love it!!! No matter what it looked like before...it turned out beautifully!!

Thanks, SoapMom! Yeah, I'm pleased with it. The diagonal line is off a little, but as an experiment in dividing a mold and using shreds and cubes, it worked out OK.

And it satisfied my need to soap this weekend without really creating Yet More Soap. Used up some of those scraps that were malingering around, hoping to join the Pretty Ones. (Remember all those broken toys in that movie... was it "The Velveteen Rabbit"? I can't recall).

happyday said:
Well, all's well that ends well, isn't it? Soap turned out nice!

But as long as we're on the subject, here's somebody else who was clearly "inspired" by some soap batter grossities! ;)

http://www.scrubyourbutt.com/whatsupchuck.htm

Ooooh, that is very much what the Chunder soap looked like while it was being poured. Not quite so greenish, but otherwise... yeah.

Back