Christmas

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have one from a store similiar to the body shop, rituals. Great store, bought a lot there before I started to make my own products (I adore there scents). So we bought the body mist, not knowing what it was and always used it as a home parfum xD.
Just for the record: a body mist is a light, lovely smelling moisturizing product you spray in the air and walk through just after the shower/bath? (just incase I still. Dont know what it is :oops: )

I've been considering a hand scrub to (I have a lot in mind, make a list and chose from that what I will make. I wont make all of it...) but do people actually use that on a regular base? We always had it but the only time I use it is the day after I used henna on my hands.

About your shower bath bombs dissolving to fast. A while ago I made foaming bath bombs, used DLS for it and the bath bomb dissolved a lot slower (they didnt work out for me because they left a residue in the bath...) you probably cant use a surfactant because it will make the shower floor slippery. But clay maybe? Or salt? Or a mixture of both, just thinking...

I've always just spritzed a body mist on me. Maybe it's not supposed to be used that way. :lol:

I don't know about a hand scrub since I just use salt bars or a kitchen soap for scrubbing my hands. I do use a scrub for my feet but I'm not sure if your family members like to scrub their feet.

My batch bomb recipes do have clay or Epsom salts in them. I've tried both and they still dissolved too fast. I also tried cutting back on the citric acid so it wouldn't react as fast. That helped a little but I still thought it could be a little slower in dissolving. I didn't experiment further since the scent released seemed to disappear fairly quickly and I decided it was better to stick with bath bombs. I have made bubbly bath bombs but the SLSa is so expensive compared to the other ingredients that I just give these bombs to a niece.

I don't know what else to suggest. Hopefully, someone else may have some gift ideas.

Maybe we can make a topic where people can post there suggestions for christmas products, packaging decorations,... Maybe even with a recipe?
But I'm not sure how it can be done in a way that it looks structured and easy to look through.

Relle9 said:
Going, down, down, down. 19 WEEKS to go.
Wow!! But I'm just now getting my Fall fragrances ready...thanks for the reminder, I think I do need to step it up. :)

Getting close to 17 weeks to go. Eeeccckkkkkk. Must make some Christmas soap this week, time has got away.

I'm proud to say I am actually prepared and have actually started on Christmas for this year... just waiting on my latest order of supplies to arrive and I should actually be all done by the end of October... this is so unlike me! :D

Hazel said:
I thought "No way!" :shock: I counted and came up with slightly over 18 weeks. Trying to scare us? Naughty, naughty!

Your right, I can't count :oops: , have other things on my mind. I changed it. Sorry. I counted on a calendar and its 17 weeks.

Being a newbie soaper I'm off the hook for sales and markets. But I have given myself the task ofcreating a xmas soap. A specialty I only make use this time of the year. Its summer here at xmas time so I can go traditional xmas scents or create a beautiful summery soap instead. I'm leaning towards the later. I'm sure there's enough spice scented soaps on the planet already. :wink:

Aaaaackkkkkk. Someone stop time or stop reminding me how far behind I am. House is upside down cause someone, not me, had to make me rip apart rooms to spackle and paint. I haven't made a batch in a few days cause I can't even get near my supplies because that room became where all the furniture from the living room got put, and she isn't doing anything to help get things back in order. I so see me scrambling big time over the next two weeks.

I've got a Cranberry Marmalade done, Cinnamon/Orange, Reindeer Poo. Thats enough Christmas going on.

Back