Christmas

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pamela said:
pipe a little unscented soap for a cream colored frosting and

I hope I'm doing this quote thing right, your comment inspired me to try... When exactly does soap become safe enough to touch? I've only ever piped a bit of chocolate or icing sugar and I end up getting it all over my hands. I'd be scared to try this with actual soap until I have a bit more information but it just sounds SO interesting....of course if it looks as good as you describe I'd likely want to eat it.

Cally said:
Pamela said:

I hope I'm doing this quote thing right, your comment inspired me to try... When exactly does soap become safe enough to touch? I've only ever piped a bit of chocolate or icing sugar and I end up getting it all over my hands. I'd be scared to try this with actual soap until I have a bit more information but it just sounds SO interesting....of course if it looks as good as you describe I'd likely want to eat it.
Cally -

You'd have to wear gloves but it's not hard to pipe whipped soap. (This comment from the person who's piped soap looked like dog crap. :roll: ) BTW, I didn't pipe all I made. I poured some into individual cavities to make rectangular and flower shaped bars. They're fun in the bath because the bars float.

Here's a video which shows some different piping techniques. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4tSCcYGUoI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4tSCcYGUoI[/ame]

Nizzy is the person who really promoted whipped soap and for all I know he may have been the one who created it. I don't know for sure but he has a great site which discusses making whipped soap. http://nizzymoulds.com/Whipped/index.htm

I used agriffin's recipe and tutorial to make whipped soap and found it very easy. You have to scroll down a bit to see the info. http://soapmakingforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21172

I haven't tried to pipe regular CP but I've heard other people have and it will work, too. After piping the soap, you have to let it cure as usual with both types of soap.

HTH

Cally said:
Pamela said:

I use CP and just take out what I want to pipe and SB until it's thick enough to put in a piping bag.

Hazel said:
Okay folks! Relle says it's only 20 weeks away. Has anyone gotten motivated and started on holiday goodies?
Hazel, I'm motivated, but not started yet. Have to get over Fathers Day first.

You can go in first, second or third, its winter here and I'm all covered with hats, scarves, gloves. So there's no way I'm going near water unless it comes from the tap and its heated. Anyway the sharks no where near you, your still in one piece. :)

They're nowhere near me because I'm staying here. The only thing I have to worry about in the water around here is water moccasins and snapping turtles. Oh...and the big insects that resemble spiders but skate across the surface of the water. They give me the creeps.

I am not looking at your list!

Go on, I dare you.

Ooopppss, sorry,wrong button, I clicked edit instead of quote. :oops: :oops: :oops:. Hiding under a rock here and one without a spider :) .

Hazel said:
I am not looking at your list!

Go on, I dare you.

Ooopppss, sorry,wrong button, I clicked edit instead of quote. :oops: :oops: :oops:. Hiding under a rock here and one without a spider :) .

Darn it, Relle! You totally destroyed my original post.

Actually, you made me laugh.

Oh dear,
Time to search for inspiration. The people I make BB products for dont have a bath so bathsalts, bath bombs and bubble bars are out of the question. So are candles because my aunt has 25 cats (yes you are reading this right, 25 cats) and my grand parents fall asleep easy and forget them. So candles are not safe. Lotion bars were not a great succes last year.... So I think it will be multiple soap bars (I would like to make soap cupcakes, but I dont see my 75yo grandfather wash himself with a cupcake...), a body cream/butter/lotion, foot balm and a mask mixture you only have to add water to before use? Not sure yet... Why cant they just have a bath? :shock:

Sanguine said:
Why cant they just have a bath? :shock:

Because that would be too easy. :wink:

Would they use whipped shea? It's very easy to make. http://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body- ... -butter-2/

Body balms or lip balms?

What about making an emulsified sugar scrub? I use them in the shower and several recipes have been posted on this forum. I've also made shower tablets (same ingredient as bath bombs) and have placed them in the shower. They dissolved too quickly but did release some scent into the air. I always meant to experiment some more to slow down the dissolving rate but never did get around to doing it.

I occasionally like to soak my feet and I've used broken or partial bombs to add to the water. You could use a small cavities mold and make tiny bombs for foot soaks.

marghewitt posted a clever idea to use soap shavings for potpourri. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31999&p=289770&hilit=potpourri#p289770

You could make air fresheners either liquid to put in a spritz bottle or solid to put in sachets. Also, Healinya posted about making rock potpourri which would be another easy project. You have to scroll down a little to see her post. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15966

Maybe other people would have some suggestions.

eta: You could make them some laundry soap. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5223

My very first BB product that I made was whipped shea butter, it honestly wasnt a big succes. Very, very greasy.
I made a emulsified sugar scrub last year (swift recipe), I would like to give that another try but I'm not a big fan of jars in the shower (water gets in it pretty fast -> icky creatures). I would like to put them in tubes, I bought some a few months ago but I cant get them sealed, the seal line just melts of (I use a hair straightner for it, most likely its to hot). Maybe a body mist? Fractionated coconut oil with IPM and a FO they like... We use it as a home parfum to.
A bath bomb for a foot bath might work to. Aargh so many options but its such a pain to chose, and from the moment you think about it you see problems. Thank god there's still time (which goes very fast)...

Latest posts

Back