Christmas Tree!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That reminds me - Roger made a really nice salad with farro (search the italian grocery) roast pumpkin, brussels sprouts, roast walnuts, dried cranberries for Xmas day - would recommend that too!

That sounds tasty. I like farro and always have it in stock in my pantry Pumpkin is another story. I'll have to see if any of the grocers here still have any. I suppose I could sub butternut squash just as well, or even sweet potatoes.

Does this look like the recipe? Fall Farro Salad With Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Pumpkin, Cranberries & Walnuts | Italian Food Forever

That sounds tasty. I like farro and always have it in stock in my pantry Pumpkin is another story. I'll have to see if any of the grocers here still have any. I suppose I could sub butternut squash just as well, or even sweet potatoes.

Does this look like the recipe? Fall Farro Salad With Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Pumpkin, Cranberries & Walnuts | Italian Food Forever
Yup, that's it! Just halve the farro in the recipe. The ratio is too high for the other ingredients. And it makes a ton, - so maybe halve the entire recipe unless you are feeding an entire army.

Christmas tree dismantled
36860BD9-27E8-4F35-9CE5-7FD719096937.jpeg

Way to make me jealous with all the lemons, greens, and fresh herbs you are showing off there. Growing citrus is one thing I miss about living in California!

Not a vegan either, but I am allergic to dairy (not just lactose intolerant). If you are looking for vegan cheese replaceements, the VioLife cheese brand is AAHHHHH-mazing. Their feta tastes so good! Their cheddar and mozzarella aren't quite as authentic tasting, but are by far the best that I've tasted, especially compared to Daiya, which is horrible to me. VioLife cheeses made with nuts though, which can be problematic for some. Available at Whole Foods.
Reading this as I am gorging myself with moz cheeze that I dowsed in balsamic LOL It came in my hello fresh box that was supposed to make caprese sandwiches for lunch. Thank you 20 year olds at work for getting me hooked on hello fresh LOL. Well now I don't have lunch cause I just ate all the cheese.

A friend of mine is allergic to dairy. For a while I thought he was full of it. But then I witnessed him having full on anaphylaxis one night at dinner. It was at a mutual friend's restaurant, who admitted to using the same utensils to make his food as he did to slice up cheese for another order. I guess nobody really believed that someone could be actually allergic to dairy. I had melt in your mouth benadryl strips that got him to the hospital (the hospital was down the street and his gf got him into the car to drive him...not a good idea, but I had no say in that). The ordeal was scary.

He can actually put absolutely FRESH cream in his coffee. But once it is not so fresh...even a few days old, is where he has the problem. I think I remember him saying something about the fermentation. He can't, under any circumstances have cheese or yogurt.

My favorite foods are cheese and shellfish. If I was allergic, I'd prep myself with benadryl and steroids and have a feast in the car outside of the emergency room LOL. I can't imagine being allergic to foods.

@Catscankim my daughter is also allergic to dairy, but her motto is, "Life is not worth living without cheese."

Fermentation is definitely an issue for me, as well. My body doesn't react well to anything fermented, including alcohol in any form. Two sips of kombucha and I'm stupid buzzed. Half a beer, and my face goes white as a sheet, my nose turns Rudolph red (and hot to the touch), and my lips and eyelids swell.

So, I'm everyone's dream friend when they want to go out and have a few pops -- because I will be 100% sober to drive you all home.

Latest posts

Back