Christmas Tree Soaps

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

vedwards

Reaction score
My mom gave me a candle mold my grandmother had never opened (probably from the 60s) that was a Christmas tree. Turns out, it makes a really cute Soap! They're a little bigger than guest soap size. I used a LCP Clear Glycerin and colored with matte chromium oxide. Im' debating a little snowflake sparkle mica mixed in... thoughts?

Planning to make a bunch to use as Christmas gifts at work. Not totally thrilled with the FO though - is Holly Balsam II from BA, and I'm not sure I like it. It smells a little too much like a candle, so I'm working on it. :)

tree.jpg

CaraBou

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Very cool! The fact that it's soap would make a difference to me - I'd much rather have a tree made of soap than candle!

vedwards

Reaction score
Very cool! The fact that it's soap would make a difference to me - I'd much rather have a tree made of soap than candle!
That was my thought. I'm always afraid I'll burn the house down with candles, so I'd much rather make soap!

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Just right for Christmas soap.:)

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't usually go for glitter, but in this case I agree with TBandCW - I think a little sparkle would be just perfect. Cute mold and nice color :)

BeesKnees

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So did you make this again with the glitter? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

BeesKnees

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I can see some sparkles in the trees, they look great! That's a great pic, btw, the detail shows up well. The ribbon adds a nice extra sparkle too.

BeesKnees

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just this evening read the pinned post about taking photographs so I especially recognized your efforts with it being fresh on my mind. :) It's another one of the many details I'm planning on working on myself.

Latest posts