Christmas Tree Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vedwards

Reaction score
My mom gave me a candle mold my grandmother had never opened (probably from the 60s) that was a Christmas tree. Turns out, it makes a really cute Soap! They're a little bigger than guest soap size. I used a LCP Clear Glycerin and colored with matte chromium oxide. Im' debating a little snowflake sparkle mica mixed in... thoughts?

Planning to make a bunch to use as Christmas gifts at work. Not totally thrilled with the FO though - is Holly Balsam II from BA, and I'm not sure I like it. It smells a little too much like a candle, so I'm working on it. :)

tree.jpg

I think I can see some sparkles in the trees, they look great! That's a great pic, btw, the detail shows up well. The ribbon adds a nice extra sparkle too.

I just this evening read the pinned post about taking photographs so I especially recognized your efforts with it being fresh on my mind. :) It's another one of the many details I'm planning on working on myself.

Back