Christmas Soaps?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angezzz

Reaction score
Just curious what kinds of Christmas soap everyone is making. I have made a few but looking for some more ideas. Hope this is the correct forum for asking this question.

I love this thread for gorgeous pics and ideas:
http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=49621

I haven't made any of my border soap yet, might try to do that this weekend. I am also planning a batch of "Elsa" soap - scented with Snow Witch from Mad Oils, in a pale blue, using water discount to create a swirl. Possibly blue mica on top.
http://auntieclaras.com/2014/08/intentional-crop-circles-water-discount-as-a-design-tool/

I may also do the same thing with a "Anna" soap - pumpkin gingersnap FO, reddish color.

Here is my Sugared Spruce soap (the trees show up more pronounced in person rather than on camera):

IMG_3232SugaredSpruce640.JPG

IrishLass :)

Irishlass, I love the stamping with the soap design - just glittery perfection!

All of my Christmas soaps are made and curing: bars of MO Sugar Cookie (not sure I'm in love with the scent), Orange/Clove EO blend, BB Pumpkin Souffle, and WSP Mint-something. I also have AHRE Sparkling Snowflake in a snowflake mold. I did two cupcakes: WSP Peppermint Stick (holy moley it's strong) and AHRE Country Christmas.

Now I just have to do the B&B stuff. I have a work furlough over Thanksgiving week so will take advantage to finish up, wrap, and get ready to mail!

IrishLass....Those are beautiful! ...Snappyllama, Sugar Cookie sounds great for Christmas, let me know the turn out with the smell. Shunt2011...What did you use for Apple Jack & Peel?

Dixiedragon...would love to see you Elsa soap when your done...sounds pretty :)

It's woodland green oxide from Bulk Apothecary. I was going for a dark green swirl in a lighter green base, but I'm still learning how much is too much! It's a little darker in real life. Though the red an green soap looks very much true to the real-life colors.

I am loving the photos/inspiration here - thanks to everyone for sharing! Here are some I've worked on specifically for Christmas gifts. They were fun to make because each one was done using a technique I've never attempted before and I learned a lot about what to do differently next time. Aaah, soaping, the eternal work in progress...

Back left: salt bar with Rosemary, Peppermint, Lavender, and Eucalyptus EO
Center: 2-pass hanger swirl with Lavender, Bergamot, and Patchouli EO (not loving the colors)
Back right: salt bar with Bergamot, Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Rosemary, and Geranium EO
Front left: Auntie Clara's Ghost Swirl technique with Rosemary and Spearmint EO
Front right: Reverse Feather Swirl with Fir Needle, Rosemary, and Spearmint EO

Not Shown: disastrous batch of attempted Dancing Funnel Swirl that went sideways more ways than I can count.

P1150566.jpg

Back