Christmas Soaps etc?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven’t started yet, but I am thinking of making “Mrs. Zing's famous holiday 3 layer bar”, just not sure it will fit on the label.
LOL, almost spit out my sip of wine just there! They're really called "Napoleon Cremes" -- would that fit? ( :secret:And her side of the family calls it "Christmas Crack.")

I don't really gove soap as gifts either. Seems like most my family just keep them around for decoration.
This year I'm making white, ivory soap scented. Maybe they will actually get used.

I do need to make something spicy, maybe the ginger bread cookie scent for my oldest daughter and some anise for a nephew.

I sometimes suggest people put the soap in their drawers for scent, and when the scent fades then use is. That way it gets a nice long cure!

Ugh, I'm just now starting! Soooo behind! So what are you all doing/making for Christmas gives? Pics if available?
I am racing the clock to have all my soap gifts made before the 6 week cure takes us past Christmas!

My spreadsheet is made, and what I did was block out some cells with colors of my soap & yield, so I have an idea of how many I have, and what might look nice paired today as gifts of 3 or so.

Such as:
1603910460949.png

I have been sewing instead of soaping. Everyone is getting masks this year!
View attachment 51021
Just what my baby brother says he's giving the kids for Christmas this year.

In my youth, I always gave sweaters to each of the men (4 brothers, father) some I knit myself, some I bought. My mom used to make me stuffed toys. My favorite was the giant octupus she made for me when I was a teenager. This year though, my eldest son gets a place to live and my youngest son gets his house sold (we're buying it so eldest can move into it.) Will I give anything else? Sure. I tend to mail something to my brothers every year and yes, it has been soap for a few years now, but we shall see. I have not yet decided.

Maybe I'll send face shields this year. If baby bro gives masks, that's already covered. Yeah, and soap plus a soap dish, maybe, because I just gotta remind them to let the soap dry between uses!

My mom asked me to make some holiday soap, but as the kids say....I'm a basic bitch, so it'll probably just be simple designs using holiday colors and maybe some sort of glitter if I can figure it out. Also, lotion bars, but I plan to just put those into holiday silicon molds and let them do the work.

I think the most interesting part has been trying to find holiday scents that perform well in CP soap AND do not discolor. I'm crossing fingers and hoping for the best!

I think the most interesting part has been trying to find holiday scents that perform well in CP soap AND do not discolor. I'm crossing fingers and hoping for the best!
A fragrance I love is Winter Wonderland from Nurture. I like it all year, but I have had people comment that it smells like Christmas. It behaves perfectly and doesn't discolor.

A fragrance I love is Winter Wonderland from Nurture. I like it all year, but I have had people comment that it smells like Christmas. It behaves perfectly and doesn't discolor.

Thanks so much for the feedback, thats actually on my list because the testing notes say that it behaves well and doesn't discolor so its good to have that confirmed!

Latest posts

Back