Christmas Soap Colors

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before I answer that, I'm wondering... are you stuck in Autumn? 🤣
Um, no. 😗 I only just started getting fall vibes.

I think I'll ask my family for their opinions. I probably should do that since they are the ones that will be forced to use the soap. :)

I am going to use the this pallet, it's just a matter of how. . .

I'm waaay late to the party here, so for what it's worth. I really like that pallet! A previous employer would cycle thru branding/logo colors frequently -- and hands down this exact pallet was my favorite. Having said that, I don't see "Christmas." Have you thought of jewel tones -- how's that for a wrinkle?;)

I'm waaay late to the party here, so for what it's worth. I really like that pallet! A previous employer would cycle thru branding/logo colors frequently -- and hands down this exact pallet was my favorite. Having said that, I don't see "Christmas." Have you thought of jewel tones -- how's that for a wrinkle?;)
I haven't thought of jewel tones, but I think I'm set on the colors for this soap. I do generally love jewel tones though. I'm okay with the fact that it isn't giving Christmas vibes. I think it will make a nice soap either way. Thanks for your input @Zing anyway!

Here they are! I decided to try a reddish mica I had never used before and I am relieved that it didn't morph. I also decided to go for a more muted green. I'm pretty happy with it. I'm a little puzzled as to why the bars are taking longer to harden. Especially since I used sodium lactate for the first time. Usually I unmold and cut in 12 hours and this time I had to wait until 26 hours and still they were softer than any bars I've ever cut. I also don't understand why my colors aren't very defined. Maybe it's because it didn't gel? I dunno. I guess I shouldn't be too hard on myself with it being only my fourth batch ever.
IMG_9031.JPG
IMG_9032.JPG

Here they are! I decided to try a reddish mica I had never used before and I am relieved that it didn't morph. I also decided to go for a more muted green. I'm pretty happy with it. I'm a little puzzled as to why the bars are taking longer to harden. Especially since I used sodium lactate for the first time. Usually I unmold and cut in 12 hours and this time I had to wait until 26 hours and still they were softer than any bars I've ever cut. I also don't understand why my colors aren't very defined. Maybe it's because it didn't gel? I dunno. I guess I shouldn't be too hard on myself with it being only my fourth batch ever.View attachment 62424View attachment 62425
Uh huh, right, ;), your "fourth" batch -- with a completely straight line between layers??!!

Seriously, though, real nice job there! Great top. I always gel and it makes a difference in color saturation. But those muted colors and combo are cool. I also use sodium lactate and routinely unmold at 24 hours.

Here they are! I decided to try a reddish mica I had never used before and I am relieved that it didn't morph. I also decided to go for a more muted green. I'm pretty happy with it. I'm a little puzzled as to why the bars are taking longer to harden. Especially since I used sodium lactate for the first time. Usually I unmold and cut in 12 hours and this time I had to wait until 26 hours and still they were softer than any bars I've ever cut. I also don't understand why my colors aren't very defined. Maybe it's because it didn't gel? I dunno. I guess I shouldn't be too hard on myself with it being only my fourth batch ever.View attachment 62424View attachment 62425
Wow! Fourth batch??!!! Those are beautiful! I’m impressed . I really like the colors. They actually remind me of Christmas in the 50s when colors weren’t as vivid as they are now. Like this - I really like your soap ! I may have to uhhhh .. try to see if I can make it 🥰

Attachments

• 4F664295-E208-42FB-9A04-465E4DD0FE03.jpeg
    4F664295-E208-42FB-9A04-465E4DD0FE03.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 12
I'm a bit late to this lol but here you can see some Christmas soaps that are definitely not red and green or white and blue. I think it's just a matter of what inspired you about the Christmas season. You can do the same for other seasons I would think. Of course I have the advantage of being someplace else so our traditions are quite different hehe although even here a lot of Christmas soaps go with the usual colors. I wanted to be different.

That being said, I think the soap is very pretty, even if muted, and to me it does look like Christmas soap :)

Latest posts

Back