Christmas Soap Colors

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MellonFriend

Reaction score
I'm planning this way too far ahead. I told myself I can't make any more soap until I've used up some of what I made, but here I am planning so it will probably be sooner than I thought.

I have this color pallet that I'm thinking about, but I'm not sure. I didn't want to go with a traditional Christmas color pallet, you know, white, reds, greens. And I didn't want to do blue winter colors either.

What do you think of this? Kind of a twist on the norm.
1633892005470.png

I'm thinking of doing about a third of the bottom of the bar in greens and then the tan/uncolored as a background for a gold and brown drop swirl. The FO I have in mind is Apple Garland from Crafters Choice.

What do you think about this plan? Are you getting homey Christmas vibes without the normal Christmas Colors? I want honest opinions! No patronizing here! 👍

Last edited:
Sounds like vintage Christmas colors. I'll have to see the colors again during the day - my computer's blue light filter is on. But since you're talking about green, beige (like a typical uncolored, and un-td'd soap base?) with maroon and gold....that's absolutely antique or vintage Christmas. Or Little House on the Prairie ....when you had to make do with natural decorations.

The problem is I don't have any red micas right now that don't morph, so the red-brown will probably just turn brown. I think vintage Christmas is a good way to look at it. I might try to go for a more muted green. That might make the vintage-ness a little more obvious.

Are you getting homey Christmas vibes without the normal Christmas Colors? I want honest opinions! No patronizing here!

I never patronize. I may not come out and tell you something is butt ugly (or maybe I would...depends), but I would never blow smoke up your butt. 🤣

With that said...I like the colors and they go with the FO you are using, but it really doesn't scream "Christmas soap". But then again, I use an FO called "Silent Night" which screams Christmas, but doesn't smell like Christmas.

I think I'm okay with it not screaming Christmas. That's sort of why I'm staying away from the norms. I want something that will feel festive during the holiday season, but not so festive that I will get tired of it afterwards.

Can only add. Hanger swirl after dropping it. Becareful, brown does not overpower gold. White instead of Nat. Will help gold stand out better.
I think white is a good idea. I don't have TD, but I have some white mica that I might give a shot to. We'll see what catches my fancy in the moment.

Now I just have to find space on my drying rack. . . 🤔

They look very traditional and xmassy to me - I was thinking of that as a dark red until I read you said brown.
Definitely nice classic colours in any case; if it was me I'd keep the design simple and elegant to go with them.

If the dark red that I see on my screen is really brownish red, then no Christmas-y vibes for me, sorry. I don't hate it, but it looks more like a fall/Thanksgiving type of palette. Using tan instead of white definitely adds to that for me. Perhaps if you used a very Christmas-y scent, that could help create those vibes.

Have you thought about green, white, and gold? Maybe with drops of the reddish-brown on top so they look like berries?

Have you thought about green, white, and gold? Maybe with drops of the reddish-brown on top so they look like berries?
I will probably lighted up the tan with some white. I think that I want to do the brown, I like the idea of it in my head. It might be a mistake, but I'm going to go for it.

I've reorder the colors and altered the tan to be whiter and I thought maybe I'd switch the brown to the bottom color and do green and yellow drops instead.

1634001685622.png

I usually don't like to make a mock up of what I'm thinking in my head because it can give me an expectation that I will be disappointed if I don't meet, but this time since I'm, so torn I decided I needed one. The real thing is bound to look a lot different, but here's my incredibly crude design I made with Microsoft paint... and not the 3D version.

So which do you like more? Give this post a "love" for the one on the left and a "wow" for the one on the right.
Soap Concept.png

I'm planning this way too far ahead. I told myself I can't make any more soap until I've used up some of what I made, but here I am planning so it will probably be sooner than I thought.

I have this color pallet that I'm thinking about, but I'm not sure. I didn't want to go with a traditional Christmas color pallet, you know, white, reds, greens. And I didn't want to do blue winter colors either.

What do you think of this? Kind of a twist on the norm.
View attachment 61612

I'm thinking of doing about a third of the bottom of the bar in greens and then the tan/uncolored as a background for a gold and brown drop swirl. The FO I have in mind is Apple Garland from Crafters Choice.

What do you think about this plan? Are you getting homey Christmas vibes without the normal Christmas Colors? I want honest opinions! No patronizing here! 👍
I think they are really nice. More fall feeling to me but will certainly look nice.

Latest posts

Back