Christmas present

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saponomancer

Professional Geek
Reaction score
the hubby made this using a hand saw and a miter box for me <3

it still needs latches to secure all sides upright while its being used, but its in a mostly finished state and I'm excited

DSCF0749.jpg

sigh... I need a second husband that can do the handy stuff. Mine can do anything with a computer but cant do anything remotely like this to save his life.

Oh well we cant have it all.:mrgreen:

Enjoy your gift

Sere

Nice! When I first started soaping my hubby made me a couple that look so similar to yours. Instead of latches to hold the sides together I used velcro. I put a 1" hook piece on the outside of the long ends then use one long piece of the loop to keep it together. Works pretty good and is really easy to handle but if my batter is really thin when I pour I have to use clamps to hold it together more tightly to avoid leaking.

Have fun with your new mold!

Nice! When I first started soaping my hubby made me a couple that look so similar to yours. Instead of latches to hold the sides together I used velcro. I put a 1" hook piece on the outside of the long ends then use one long piece of the loop to keep it together. Works pretty good and is really easy to handle but if my batter is really thin when I pour I have to use clamps to hold it together more tightly to avoid leaking.

Have fun with your new mold!

Thank you! I'll have to remember that trick

very cool. how much soap will it hold?

About 9lbs, but I plan to only make about 6lbs in it at a time for slighty more slender bars

sigh... I need a second husband that can do the handy stuff. Mine can do anything with a computer but cant do anything remotely like this to save his life.

Oh well we cant have it all.:mrgreen:

Enjoy your gift

Sere
Haha! Thank you! I was really excited he did make it, he doesnt usually work with wood.

Latest posts

Back