Christmas in July for me!!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacyspy

Reaction score
I spent the rest of my year's budget in one fell swoop...lol... Two companies, WSP and Nurture. Just happened both came today, and when my mailman scanned the bar codes, his machine beeped and told him to "assess my appearance" which he said means "do I look like a terrorist"... Great...lol

IMG_20160726_142729.jpg

Congratulations on your fantastic haul!

If my mailman needed to assess my appearance at my door: hrmm... 40 yr old woman with hair in crazy bun, no makeup, bare feet with purple chipped nail polish, faded jeans, tshirt with alpaca puns, batting away dog and cats from escaping... very suspicious!

The FOs are a lot of fall and winter... Hot Apple Pie, Farmhouse Cider, Black Amber Musk, Goji Berry Bliss, Galactic Grape, Spiked Cider,Mystical Woods, Orange Clove, Mistletoe, Spiced Cranberry, Apple Mango Tango, Acai Berries and Satin, Market Peach, Dewberry, Purely Peppermint, Coco Cabana, Blood Orange, and Bamboo from WSP. Fairy Garden and 8th & Ocean from Nurture, and I got a sample of their Winter Wonderland.
I'm trying to find a good fall apple scent...that's why so many...OOB Hot Apple Pie is more cinnamon than apple, Spiked Cider is almost floral,and Farmhouse Cider has the better apple scent, with just a hint of cinnamon. Mistletoe OOB smells a good dupe for Yankee candle. The Acai and Satin does smell like my shampoo ( Herbal Essences dupe). Black Amber Musk, can't place the scent, not bad, very strong OOB. Goji berry Bliss. sharp citrus scent. Galactic Grape, yummy, smells like grape soda. Mystical Woods, smoky, musky, not bad. Orange Clove, much more clove than orange. Spiced cranberry, nice, not too much cinnamon, not a very strong scent. Apple Mango Tango, doesn't remind me of the detergent, don't care for it OOB. Fairy Garden, floral, I don't care for it, but it is hands down my best seller. 8th & Ocean, can't put my finger on it, kind of beach, kind of sun, I think I'll like this one. And Winter Wonderland, I like... Christmassy, but not too heavy on the pine, not too sweet either.

What FOs did you get?! What do they smell like??

I forget about that...lol... even my email is stacyspy... my family all uses the same format "[email protected]" My maiden name is Speidel, and everyone called my grampa Spy, so it was kind of a no-brainer when we got email accounts...even now that I'm married, I still use it :)

With a name like "Stacyspy" should we be worried?!

Edit: all jokes aside, looks like you got a nice haul!

You'll be able to have fun playing with the Mistletoe, Stacyspy. I used it for the 1st time last fall and had SO MUCH time to swirl. I actually had to wait for the batter to thicken so I could do the top. :) The scent held well for me too. So if you want to try any new or complicated swirls, go for the Mistletoe!

Well, at least he a) knows that I make soap, and b) thought it was funny...

Congratulations on your fantastic haul!

If my mailman needed to assess my appearance at my door: hrmm... 40 yr old woman with hair in crazy bun, no makeup, bare feet with purple chipped nail polish, faded jeans, tshirt with alpaca puns, batting away dog and cats from escaping... very suspicious!

I haven't ever had that happen... mailman said the guidelines have been in place since the first of the year, but only recently their scanners updated so that anything "suspicious" will sound an "alarm". And it makes him answer yes or no to several questions.

Love all the colors- so much fun to play with! I had no idea the USPS has taken it upon themselves to assess the acceptor of the package.

Love all the colors- so much fun to play with! I had no idea the USPS has taken it upon themselves to assess the acceptor of the package.
I doubt they took it upon themselves. This sounds like a directive from Homeland Security and probably related to monitoring possible sales/purchase of supplies commonly used by terrorists.

Although I wouldn't suspect FO'S to be among that list.

Awesome haul! I ordered a huge shipment from Nuture and WSP yesterday, and I'm beside myself waiting already! I can't wait to see what soaps you make!!

Apple FOs - I love Red Apple from BB. I don't know that I would call it a "fall" scent - but it's a very good real fresh apple scent. Sweet, a little tart, not candy. I also really love Mulled Apple Cider from Sweet Cakes. It is the WORST seizing FO I have every used. But it really smells like that cider you get in the produce section of the grocery store - like fresh, real apples + a little spice.

I did not know that for the longest time. I guess I don't pay too much attention to things like that. I took a break of a few years from soaping, and when I started again, I tried looking for it in my local stores, and everyone looked at me funny...finally it was explained to me that it can be used to make meth...so I'm pretty sure some of the folks I asked look at me a little differently...lol.
The box I received from Nurture had their logo, and soap supplies stamped on it, so that may have done it.

Is it because micas and fos are associated with lye? I've heard that lye is used to drug making, but....?

I did not know that for the longest time. I guess I don't pay too much attention to things like that. I took a break of a few years from soaping, and when I started again, I tried looking for it in my local stores, and everyone looked at me funny...finally it was explained to me that it can be used to make meth...so I'm pretty sure some of the folks I asked look at me a little differently...lol.
The box I received from Nurture had their logo, and soap supplies stamped on it, so that may have done it.

So what does it mean when my ups guy drops the box and runs without ringing the bell?
He's confident I'm not a terrorist or.....:twisted::twisted::twisted:?

Back