Christmas HP soap, finally!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunfloweracres

Reaction score
Seems like it took forever to find the prefect Christmas fragrances, but I ended up with Bayberry fo in the bottom, Cinnamon eo in the top layer, and oxides for color. Oh, and Gold Mica on top. I really like the smell of these. Also, since I was running out of time I made these with the hp crock pot method and added 1 t sugar to the lye water and increased the water by 5%. Thanks to suggestions I learned from DragonQueenHHP:) She was right, It made them easy to work with and look smooth like cp soap!

BAYBERRY.CINN.SOAP.3.BARS.301.309.JPG

sunfloweracres said:
Seems like it took forever to find the prefect Christmas fragrances, but I ended up with Bayberry fo in the bottom, Cinnamon eo in the top layer, and oxides for color. Oh, and Gold Mica on top. I really like the smell of these. Also, since I was running out of time I made these with the hp crock pot method and added 1 t sugar to the lye water and increased the water by 5%. Thanks to suggestions I learned here:) It made them look smooth like cp soap!

Beautiful! I love the layers. I bet they smell amazing :eek:

The sugar smooths it out? I haven't heard that, I may have to try it!

squigglz said:
sunfloweracres said:
Seems like it took forever to find the prefect Christmas fragrances, but I ended up with Bayberry fo in the bottom, Cinnamon eo in the top layer, and oxides for color. Oh, and Gold Mica on top. I really like the smell of these. Also, since I was running out of time I made these with the hp crock pot method and added 1 t sugar to the lye water and increased the water by 5%. Thanks to suggestions I learned here:) It made them look smooth like cp soap!

Beautiful! I love the layers. I bet they smell amazing :eek:

The sugar smooths it out? I haven't heard that, I may have to try it!

Thank you! They make my whole office smell like Christmas. The only problem is the Green Oxide makes my hands Green at first, then washes itself off. Not sure if anyone would want to buy them, but I can keep them as a practice batch & air freshener. The sugar and extra water slows trace, which is great to have more time to mess around with colors, and makes them smooth. Its great! Oh, she said to add 1 Tablespoon to lye water, but I only added 1 teaspoon due to a small 2 pound batch.

Lynnz said:
Personally I dont mind a bit of colour wash away................ looking good bet they smell divine
Really? I wonder if others feel the same. I will cut back on the oxide next time and see what happens. It was the first time I used it. And thanks!
I visited your blog and your soaps are fantastic! Wow! I love the Pink Rose top soap, and the bright Green, and the cupcake, the Lemon Yellow ... well, all of them! :D

Thank you!
Just a tip for others reading this: I bought Northern Pine fragrance oil first and sent it back because it smelled just like Pine Sol. :x It may have worked for the Green layer if we were not familiar with Pine Sol. Lol

Latest posts

Back