Christmas Gifts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenmarie82

Reaction score
Is anyone giving away soap for christmas gifts? I'm going to do up gift baskets for all my family. I wanted to make my own body spray and bath salts too but i don't have the stuff right now. Maybe next time.

Hi Jen - I am giving soap for Chrissie, definitely! I have family & friends who have favourites of my MP soaps and I will have 4 CP batches ready to go for then too, so I plan to give sample sized pieces of those in a gift pack with the MP soaps they each get.

If you have any butters and oils you could make some body butters or lotion bars to add in - they are easy if you follow tried and true recipes and you could add a little fragrance to match the soaps?

Tanya :)

My family and co-workers don't really appreciate my stuff - well they DID live through the 3 years of learning, trying, and testing so I guess they've had enough of that. But I do make up small baskets and such for teachers, babysitters, and the women who clean at the office I work with.

I usually include matching soap & candle, a couple of lip balms, and a solid lotion for fun. Last year I fit them into velvet wine bags - looked really festive.

Can i make body butters with shea butter, cocoa butter and other oils? How would I do that?

I just made some with cocoa butter, shea butter, avocado oil and fragrance. Now i'm waiting for it to set up!

Oh yeah! I have goft baskets done up for my family back in Alberta including Soap on a Rope, Shaving Mugs & Soap, as well as a selection of other soaps. I just have to ship them out in time now!

I decided a while ago that everyone would get something handmade from me. Most of it will be soap and I will be crocheting baskets out of sisal yarn to put them in. I figure it will be a good gift all around.

Oh, yeah. They all get soap, and lotion and other B&B stuff. Thankfully they still ask for it. I also crocheted a blanket for my son and one for his GF, too. Oh, and socks. I've knitted socks for all the girls. I made jelly to have on hand when I need a quick gift.

I am giving soap and lipbalm to co-workers and some friends. My family usually just raid my stuff so they are all set!

I'm giving soap, lotions and foot spa stuff to my family this year. I have to mail it all around the province and I haven't decided how to package it yet. I wonder how gift baskets would ship. :? I'd love to do that. I'll need to have a look around and see what kind of packaging there is available.

Almost everyone is getting some combination of home made bar soaps with ingredients from my garden and/or home made Strawberry fig jam using figs from my tree outside.

For my close family I will also be making our family holiday cakes known as "Poor Man's Cakes" from my great grandmother's recipe.

You might think I'm saving money this year but picking up a new hobby like soap making turns out to be slightly more costly than I predicted. Not that i have ANY regrets :D

Soaps to NZ

My Kiwi family members will get a big box to share.Better send them soon if I want them to arrive in time.Wish I could see their faces as they see my real handmade soaps for the first time.
Others this way will be getting some too.
Of course my grandaughter is arriving with her dad in about 4 hours,he just phoned.She will be giving some we make up together as xmas presents.They will be just cured.What a way to go.
:lol:

Deda,

a knitter ... just who i need :twisted: okay ... i can knit .. and i can purl .. but how in the world do i learn how to follow the patterns .. i'm having some serious trouble with that

i'm doing b & b stuff for x mas too. a local lady makes the most delicious little melties ... and she gets her fragrances from the same supplier so we swap products so that i have melts and she has soaps ... so this year i'm doing a lavender basket with bar and liquid soap, body balm, soap, lip balm, and soy meltie thingies and i got a local potter that i met at the craft show to make the special thing that the melts have to go on (sorry i'm not well versed in candles) and in return we both gave her soap and melts. i hope everyone will like it !!

I always give soaps and candles every year - to the gals in the office (this actually generates small sales during the year) to my family and to friends. So far everyone has appreciated them.

Back