Christmas 2017

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did it to myself again - just didn't get around to finishing my gift bags for my co-workers. But I have 2 off days this weeks, so I will do them then. They will be Happy New Year's bags instead of Christmas bags. But still with Christmassy stuff.

Yep! It's gonna be happy New Year stuff for my co-workers - again. Luckily they all think I'm a genius for doing this every year :grin: (Don't tell on me.)

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!:santa:

I'm a firm believer in making Christmas last as long as possible - and if that means you get presents even after Christmas - then so be it!!! Who wouldn't like a present on any day of the year??

:smalltree: :dancingsanta:

lenarenee Latin people also celebrate the three kings day on January 6! So I guess that would count :)

We used to put a pair of shoes by our bedroom door, and find some $$$ the next day.

I have probably done all crafts known to mankind with much success except for ... crocheting or knitting!
BTW - I don't seem to be able to crochet or knit.
Gosh, me neither! Nice to know I'm not the only one! My mom and sister both do beautiful handwork but I never got the hang of it. Kinda makes me wonder why?

Gosh, me neither! Nice to know I'm not the only one! My mom and sister both do beautiful handwork but I never got the hang of it. Kinda makes me wonder why?

Very pink knits - a YouTube channel where she breaks things down in easy to understand chunks (if anyone is interested).

I knit and crochet and in my experience you need to pick one to start with before thinking about the other. It’s a toss up which will click first. One of my grandmothers tried to teach me to crochet when I was younger and I just didn’t understand it. It took until I “got bored” with knitting (my other grandmother taughme) that I was able to break down what I wasn’t understanding to learn crochet - it still confuses me but I’m much better and can actually complete an object every once in a while.

I can crochet!
I make washcloths. My DH begged me for one then told me they are too thick to wash his ears with so I’m trying a finer yarn.
The things we do.

I can crochet, too. What I can't do is STOP crocheting (in much the same fashion that some people have trouble when it comes time to stop spelling banana (any Discworld fans here?) ). As evidence of this, I present the queen-size potholder. Or would, if I could get anything like a decent pic of the thing. It's nothing like flat, or even any sort of regular shape. It's whatever random color I decided to use next, and a mish-mash of every sort of pattern that I could work out to try. Don't talk to me about granny squares, though. Just don't even go there. It really did start out with the intention of being a pot holder. But I've never been able to figure out how to do a finishing edge.

I'm *almost* done making Christmas presents for people. Unless I think of someone else. Right now, we've got two Christmas gatherings lined up, the first with friends and the second with family. My goal is to make sure everyone has something to open, even if it's just a cute little trinket. Or a box to put trinkets in. Boxes are featuring heavily in this year's theme. I'm printing a Tardis themed jewelry box for the MIL right now, then I've only got one more present to make. I think. Maybe I should make a couple of extras, just in case... Aaaargh! I didn't used to catch the whole Christmas crazy thing. :headbanging: :smalltree:

I can crochet!
I make washcloths. My DH begged me for one then told me they are too thick to wash his ears with so I’m trying a finer yarn.
The things we do.

I got some crochet cotton from the $2 shop recently, it's not so thick, so that might work. It was $2.95, lots of colours.

Ha! I have no idea. It may have to do with abstract thinking, or the fact that I am not a very patient person, and try to do several things at all times. Always multitasking ....

Soap is the one thing, I put my full concentration, which might be why I kind of find it relaxing. Painting makes me lose my sense of time and space. I never realize how much time I dedicated to that until I am done. Weird.

It's here, no more days to go. The countdown is over, for this week anyway.:evil:

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Our day is nearly over, only 6 hours to go. It was a cloudy day 23 degrees, thank goodness as it was 43 yesterday, we nearly melted, but not today. We had the turkey that dh boned out and rolled up with baked vegs, nothing over the top and some pudding and frozen custard.

For some reason I decided to add small candles to my gift bags this year. In the time I make 50 lip balms or 20 bottles of lotion or a batch of soap, I make maybe 10 candles. (I have the smaller wax melting pot). I melt 20 oz at a time. This year everybody gets 1 Christmassy candle, 1 bottle of Peppermint Bark lotion, 3 assorted lipbalms and 2 bars of soap.

For some reason I decided to add small candles to my gift bags this year. In the time I make 50 lip balms or 20 bottles of lotion or a batch of soap, I make maybe 10 candles. (I have the smaller wax melting pot). I melt 20 oz at a time. This year everybody gets 1 Christmassy candle, 1 bottle of Peppermint Bark lotion, 3 assorted lipbalms and 2 bars of soap.
What FO did you use for the evergreen scented candle? It smells sooo good! If it is a trade secret you don't have to tell ;) Thanks again for the wonderful gifts!!

It’s not a queen size potholder, it’s a small blanket/rug. ^_~

Nope, nope, nope. It is, and forever will be, my queen size potholder. Maybe some day I'll find a really, really big pot to use it with. :mrgreen:

(Besides, it can't be a rug. It's way too lumpy. Won't lay flat no matter what.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back