Christmas 2015

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aah I should print out lots of tiny versions of that on sticker paper and use it for giftwrapping :D it's adorable.

I have 4 out of 6 of my christmas batches done now.
I'll have to put "dont use before" on a lot them:/

But now I know that making big batches of soap isnt scary ( and in the end, relatively inexpensive), so next years christmas batch will start somewhere in October:)

I promise!

Every year, we have three hundred and sixty four days to get ready. Every year I say..."This year is going to be different." Every year is exactly the same as the one before.

3531a34faafcd3d5ab8749a94f57319e.gif

Stressing big time. Still have a bit of shopping to do and clean the house and finish baking and and and.....yikes. Not sure I'm going to make it.

Well, I thought I was doing well because my shopping is done, the cards have been mailed and I've made 2 batches of cookies. Then I realized I have Christmas Eve dinner, Christmas Day dinner, 3 batches of cookies yet to make and a whole lot of wrapping and house cleaning to do. So not feeling quite so on top of things, but not too stressed either. I'll get it done - all of you will get it done. We always somehow do.

We are celebrating our Christmas this weekend (a week early). My first time cooking Christmas and we went traditional English. I didn't get around to cleaning the windows, forgot to wrap a belt for DH but other than that it went pretty well. [emoji2]

The soap I made went down pretty well - except my boys think streaks of colour in soap is strange. Just wait till I get good at colour! I labelled them and have asked for feedback.

Last edited:
Celebrating christmas early seems like a great way to evade the shopping madness that goes down in groceries a few days before xmas...

I'm making my last christmas soap...TODAY...and only 'cause I've run out of lye, otherwise there'd be another one;)
Now I wish I could stop time whilst simultaneously keeping it running so these soaps'd be cured by the time it's christmas. Does that make sense?:p

Yeah, I am so glad I do not have to do all that. One of my daughters always takes care of dinner. All I have to do is make Pilaf and stuffed Grape Leaves. Bad thing there is I have to chop 5 lbs on onions by hand. Hard on the eyeballs :). I did put up a Christmas for the first time in 5 years... My market owner was having a drawing for three trees and I made the mistake of pointing to one and mentioning I wanted it. Hubby complained all the way home. :) but my tree is up and decorated. Finally got past the sadness of not being to load it with presents like I used to, so I am enjoying my tree

Bad thing there is I have to chop 5 lbs on onions by hand. Hard on the eyeballs :).

If you have Soap Goggles, try putting them on before you cut your onions. My daughter was 5 when she discovered this helpful tip. She was into Science (dressed in a lab coat, gloves) and had her googles on while I was cutting onions. Standing next to me, she was completely unaffected by the onions, while the tears rolled down my face! We went out and bought googles for everyone as Christmas Gifts that year.

Hope this helps,

Soap wise, I am okay. I ran out of Christmas specific soap (for gift bags), but I have lots of other soap. I am making a bunch of lip balm tonight b/c I ran out, and I'm going to make lotion tomorrow. Got a bunch of my gift baggies already made. So I'm actually doing pretty well, b/c usually I'm putting together the gift bags and making lotion and lip balm on the 22nd.

I mistakenly went to the shops yesterday cause my toe decided it was a great time to bust out of the side of my shoe. I had planned to be in and out in under 10 minutes. took almost 2 hours! This is why I like on-line shopping better especially at this time of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back