Christmas 2015

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Put in my order for 4 more pounds of lye, ordered a slab mold and am desperately looking for more places to lay the soap down...maybe time for some drying racks...

I would like to make soaps as gifts this year. I just can't Settle on a recipe and stick with it. I need to focus!! People who try my soaps all want
Something a little different. It's frustrating. How do you all deal with it??

I don't deal with it really, in terms of different recipes. I either do MP if I want something quick/pretty and for younger/less dry-skinned folks, and CP for everyone else. They just get my basic recipe, which works for everyone so far, with their FO/EO of choice. It is too much work to tailor recipes to a bunch of different people's skin types. I would do it for family/friends w/specific skin conditions (eg, exzema, psoriasis) but so far that has not come up.

I would like to make soaps as gifts this year. I just can't
Settle on a recipe and stick with it. I need to focus!! People who try my soaps all want
Something a little different. It's frustrating. How do you all deal with it??
I'm making a ton of everything and everyone will get at least one soap with a fragrance they wanted. I'm stamping their initial in each soap in gold dust mica for a little added personalization. I always make some calendula lip balm for the chapped lip season and the women will have some bath salts as well. All the leftover soaps or uglies will go to the food bank. Debating on making some man bombs for the guys...we'll see. Make lots of christmas color and scent soaps because my experience is that even if they get the soap they wanted...they drool over the christmas soaps...they look so pretty on display in the bathroom.

Gifts is what started me on making soap.... two more weeks and I can start on the scented ones! Yea!

If someone gets a gift from me this year they pretty much know what it is going to be. I think I will put together little baskets this year. Except for at work. They get a big basket to fight over.

If someone gets a gift from me this year they pretty much know what it is going to be. I think I will put together little baskets this year. Except for at work. They get a big basket to fight over.

I brought a tray of soap into the office one day. My suggestion is to make sure you label it as soap. A few of my coworkers thought it was food, lol.

Yes, I definitely tell them beforehand and label them, plus stick a little note on the basket, something quirky, because we are a group that uses intense dry humor with each other. It is pretty laid back there any everyone is great but you cant be a super softie and take things seriously because you get teased. So I leave them a note like "Dont eat it, wash your sweaty pits. Fight over it, first come first serve, Dont be snitching soap stashes." But the basket does go on the food table. I bring samples to work of my small test batches a lot and let them fight it out, and of course they are decorated....cupcakes, piped tops, etc. So yes, totally agree. Cannot space off the labels.

I just ordered my Christmas fragrances this past week. I'm really running behind! BB discontinued the one I loved, and I spent the summer feeling sorry for myself cause I couldn't have it. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back