Christmas 2014

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm already too late for Valentines Day soaps and I'm bypassing soaps for Easter... I have to stay focused if I want to be prepared when Christmas rolls around!

So far, I have Castile soap made that will be cured for nearly a year by next Christmas. The question is, would anyone actually want to receive unscented Castile soap as a gift? :confused: I also got gingerbread men and Christmas tree silicone molds that were on clearance after last Christmas... Only I have no FO's to go with them yet. I have a few FO's that are Christmasy, but I have way too many FO's right now to justify buying more.

Pure Castile soap is the first I ever made and I love it, I have some bars unscented still from about 2 years ago, work wonderful and smell vanilally,
Has bran for exfoliation.
I would give them as gifts still. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1390325930.477388.jpg

Last edited:
Too late. I'm off schedule. I just realized St Pat's is only a month away and I still have 4 bottles of beer. I now may have to resort to drinking them.

Did I see Easter???? EASTER??? What soap do I do for EASTER!!!!????? :confused:

I just use pastel colors, swirl, sprinkle a little glitter on top and then tell people it's Easter soap. :lol:

I still don't know what (besides my peppermint castile soap) to do for xmas stuff. :( Although I did get some Santa's Pipe FO. It smells warm and cozy. I like it.

On a side note... I just got some Oatmeal & Honey FO also. OMG it smells exactly like oatmeal cookie dough! I couldn't stop smelling it, and then I made hubby make me cookies. lol

Wait, what? Easter soaps too? Oh dear...

I still do not have my Valentine's soaps made. But I have started on Christmas. Made First Snow fo with real snow water. Here in Oklahoma some winters we do not have enough snow to collect, but I have 5 quart jars waiting!

I want to make frankincense and myrrh for next Christmas, but it will have to be the fo. Eo would be too expensive. Guess that is one of those "duh" comments, isn't it?

Easter? Not likely.

I still haven't finished a layered Valentine's soap I started...I have the first layer done. But that just means that it will be ready for next year, right? :)
For holiday soaps, I usually try to create something that looks and smells like it goes along with a holiday, but is named something holiday-neutral. But, then again, I haven't dove into swirls and patterns and non-square molds yet :)

Latest posts

Back