Christmas 2013

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dale F, you could be ready for Christmas 2014.
That's only 54 weeks away - plenty of time and my countdown will start in the New Year - no excuses then.

Ready?? Really??

I'm just now looking at trying soap for the first time and was hoping to have something to give in gift baskets for some guy friends. The more I read the more i think it isn't going to happen by Christmas. :-(

Being a bunch of guys, a good portion of which are bikers, I was thinking maybe a leather/earthy scented soap. Having a hard time finding a FO for leather. Might have to switch things up a bit.

Also still searching for a good basic 2lb HP recipe for bath soap.

Ugh...why do I also procrastinate? HAHA

We'll, if you are a first timer and really want to give away for Christmas, melt and pour is the way to go. ( that may just be my thinking). Guys may like cinnamon too or sandlewood. My husband loves lavender.

I got my 80 bars wrapped and ready to give! I made Hot Cocoa (cocoa butter with powdered cocoa), Lavender and Chamomile (OO infused with Lavender from my garden), Tres Leches (my first adventure using lard) and a goat milk, honey and oatmeal bar. I'm pretty psyched. I haven't told anyone what the soaps are so everyone will be surprised.

Any recommendations on how to wrap your soaps for holiday giving? I have lots of guest and full sized soaps, but don't want to spend tons of time or money to wrap. Thinking about getting small gift bags from the dollar store.
I got 100 cello bags with an adhesive strip for, like, $6. I put a bar of soap in then wrap it tighter with tape (a tad OCD) and slap an Avery label on it. Good to go.

I got 100 cello bags with an adhesive strip for, like, $6. I put a bar of soap in then wrap it tighter with tape (a tad OCD) and slap an Avery label on it. Good to go.

Where did you find the bags? I really need to get these wrapped up. Wonderful suggestion!

Papermart.com has gobs of different types of bags, boxes and all around packaging ideas, and good prices!

I have my soaps in little bags made of tissue material. Here is an example. The soaps are individually wrapped with plastic wrap first and then in the bags ImageUploadedBySoap Making1386670281.288988.jpg

Relle9 , was that in context of my soap gifts?

If yes, it is a set of 2 soaps for people at work :) people at work get only 2. Family will get a mixture of soaps. :) ( more like a basket:))

Relle9 , was that in context of my soap gifts?

If yes, it is a set of 2 soaps for people at work :) people at work get only 2. Family will get a mixture of soaps. :) ( more like a basket:))

That would be no, it is because it's only 2 weeks 'til Christmas.

OMG!!! I still haven't figured out anything to put the soaps in... AHHHHHH!!!! :crazy:

Manda -

As in packaging or as a gift set? We can try to help you figure something out.

eta: Except I can't help tonight because I'm going to bed.

Wanna know the worst part about this thread? In 2 weeks she will start all over again! ARGH!!!

I enjoy Relle's Christmas Countdowns but I have to admit I laughed when I read your comment.

Back