Christmas 2013

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I thought I had to think about Christmas cards early, making notecards. I never thought about the fact, with soap, you pretty much have to start thinking about it the next year as soon as it's over.

And now I find myself thinking "Peppermint mocha soap, huh?"

28 weeks and 5 days to go.

Falling over here Hazel, I can't believe you have one done already.

tripping.gif

Was thinking about a nice summer soap to make with the Boston Tea Party FO I just got from NG. I better put that on the bottom of the list and dig out some red and green oxides. :)

What FO/EO combos are people going for this year? I got some sniffy samples from SOS of some fall/winter scents and I need to grab a few for the Christmas batches!!

Falling over here Hazel, I can't believe you have one done already.

I know. I surprised myself, too. :shock:

However, it doesn't count 'cuz it's orange! Allegedly, the Ruby Red Peacock dye is supposed to be a true red in CP. I scented it with peppermint EO and wanted the soap to be white and red.

@ kazmi - Don't put off the summer soap. You still have plenty of time for Christmas.

@ Paintguru - I mainly use what my family and friends prefer to use year round like White Tea & Ginger, Spruce Christmas Tree, Juniper Breeze, Black Canyon, etc.

I AM!!! Last year I wanted to do baskets for my friends/relatives. I had some family illnesses that kept me busy and if my daughter hadn't set up the tree, we probably would have passed it by without a thought.

I have a few fragrances that I have bought to get some ideas flowing...FYI..WSP's OLD ST NICK....that would be a NO..unless it was in candles...but still a NO for me.

Looked for fragrances but the ones I had been looking at were not in stock yet. :( But I did get my colors ordered!

I ordered some fall/winter fragrances and I am so excited to get started on them! Love the fall/winter season!

Sounds like people are getting ready!

@ jean1C -

Why no to Old Saint Nick? I've never used it so I don't anything about it.

Just not for me...old man cigar smell. Sometimes I like the smell of cigar smoke...but in soap...NO WAY! I can't even imagine it in candles. Can't envision me or my house smelling like Old Uncle Stosh...or the American Legion (I am a veteran) before it went smoke free.
If you are curious I would try it. That's what I did. It was in a "freebie" from my order from WSP. The other night I even had my daughter and her boyfriend try to find some "complementary" scents from my supply. Yeah....THERE is nothing that goes with it IMO. I ended up melting down some soy wax in a few mason jars and we'll see to whom I can gift them to.

So, if you ordered...what are you thinking of?
I have some cranberry fig...AND OHHH!!!!!>>>>>>Pumpkin Crunch from WSP smells Awesome...haven't used it yet.

Just noticing some have commented on a peppermint mocha. I did one last year. I made a loaf of peppermint, chunked it up and put it in the brown chocolate loaf with a white top with red sprinkles...It was awesome...might be a do again.

I am thinking of an apple pie thing. Planning is part of the fun. Here is my thought process....NOPE>>>>wait for the PICS...LOL!

Latest posts

Back