Chocolately goodness and the sea

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squarepancakes

Reaction score
Unmolded and cut up two loafs today. I'm usually not one for swirls since I'm horrid at it. But tried my hand at it to get some practice.

The chocolate is scented with Nature's Garden's Kickin Cocoa and colored with cocoa powder. I'm starting to suspect the cocoa powder contains some vanillin since the last time I used it the inside darkened significantly while the borders remained pale. I notice there is a slight showing of it here as well.

The seashore design used Aztec's Drops of Rain and was colored with a mix of cocoa powder and taiwanese soap colourants. It was supposed to be a OPW but I messed up so went with a ITPS for the waves part, will probably go with a darker blue for the skies next time to improve the contrast.

Attachments

• IMG-20220326-WA0001__01.jpg
    IMG-20220326-WA0001__01.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20220326_140526__01__01.jpg
    IMG_20220326_140526__01__01.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 17
Unmolded and cut up two loafs today. I'm usually not one for swirls since I'm horrid at it. But tried my hand at it to get some practice.

The chocolate is scented with Nature's Garden's Kickin Cocoa and colored with cocoa powder. I'm starting to suspect the cocoa powder contains some vanillin since the last time I used it the inside darkened significantly while the borders remained pale. I notice there is a slight showing of it here as well.

The seashore design used Aztec's Drops of Rain and was colored with a mix of cocoa powder and taiwanese soap colourants. It was supposed to be a OPW but I messed up so went with a ITPS for the waves part, will probably go with a darker blue for the skies next time to improve the contrast.
Love your soaps! The ocean one would have been stiff competition in last month's challenge!

Love your soaps! The ocean one would have been stiff competition in last month's challenge!
You are too kind, I'm still too poor at swirling and designs to even consider competing with all you experienced soapers! But yes, I'm glad these two batches came out alright!

Beautiful work on the beach soap!

Back