chocolate

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black soap n candle lady

Reaction score
Has anyone out there ever put dark or any kind of chocolate into their soaps? The antioxidents are supposed to be superb for the skin.

I make a cocoa butter with dark cocoa powder. I use a fabulous dark cocoa powder from Whole Foods. It makes a great soap. Sometimes adding a little peppermint, especially around the Holidays.

I put dark cocoa powder in a scrub with coffee grounds and vanilla. Feels and smells good, makes me happy just to sniff the jar. It works for me! :lol:

Digit

Don't your soaps bleed brown lather? Anytime I use cocoa powder, my soaps bleed. I would love to find a way to stop it.

mine will some times but I dont care, I love the feel of the cocoa on your skin, I swear it makes it softer and gives you that ahhhhh feeling when you walk out of the shower;..

Ive used a square of baker's chocolate mixed in with my oils.

Yes it does produce a brown lather, but it rinses away.

It produced a nice chocolate cake like brown. I liked the color very much.

(raises hand) I use cocoa powder in soap. It makes nice swirls and smells yummy!

Joanne

I find that adding chocolate to the soapmaker helps in any application. :lol: :lol:

Digit

I use plain baking chocolate. It takes a very small amount for a swirl in a small batch of soap. I melt it in just a tad of olive oil then mix that into the soap to be colored...about 1/2 cup.

Now...if my swirls were just better.

Sudsy Bubbles

Back