Chocolate fudge Sundae soap (With soft serve piping!)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceCorgi94

Reaction score
So I made this soap today. It's my first ever piped soap. I'm ecstatic with how everything came out. The piping, while lacking in skill, had a beautiful texture, the Chocolate Melange fragrance oil smelled amazing (albeit, it did speed up my tracing, which caused a design hiccup), and I'm so happy with the colouring!! I'll post some update shots once I cut the bars after I take it out of the mould, but for now, I just wanted to show off my embeds/piping and decorating!

113034632_417000682541643_4916021178408312192_n.jpg

111537171_293021865447346_2292162803194337658_n.jpg

115343045_289932072318634_7283111555780840085_n.jpg

I may have gone a bit overboard with the cocoa on top AND the faux fudge sauce (I'm a stickler for peer pressure and everyone I was getting advice from was egging me on) so next time I might take it back a bit. Maybe just have a straw and a light dusting of some bioglitter to be like ice crystals

My trace thickened up so much that I didn't get the "Gloopy" look I was after in my concept design, but, I id try swirling it a tad so maybe/hopefully there'll be a bit of a crossover?

Untitled copy 3.png

Can't wait to post update shots in this thread once I cut the bars in a few days, rest assured the soapmaking forum'll be the first to see :D

I'm excited to see cut pics!

That top really does remind one of soft serve ice cream hehe.. Great job :)

So I made this soap today. It's my first ever piped soap. I'm ecstatic with how everything came out. The piping, while lacking in skill, had a beautiful texture, the Chocolate Melange fragrance oil smelled amazing (albeit, it did speed up my tracing, which caused a design hiccup), and I'm so happy with the colouring!! I'll post some update shots once I cut the bars after I take it out of the mould, but for now, I just wanted to show off my embeds/piping and decorating!

View attachment 48015

View attachment 48016

View attachment 48017

I may have gone a bit overboard with the cocoa on top AND the faux fudge sauce (I'm a stickler for peer pressure and everyone I was getting advice from was egging me on) so next time I might take it back a bit. Maybe just have a straw and a light dusting of some bioglitter to be like ice crystals

My trace thickened up so much that I didn't get the "Gloopy" look I was after in my concept design, but, I id try swirling it a tad so maybe/hopefully there'll be a bit of a crossover?

View attachment 48018

Can't wait to post update shots in this thread once I cut the bars in a few days, rest assured the soapmaking forum'll be the first to see :D
Beautiful

Very cute! Your fist piped soap too?! Have you decorated cakes before? That's a really nice job!

I have, yes! But one time I was decorating a cake I thought "Hm, there must be a more expensive and less instantly gratifying way of doing this" so started making soap 😉

Really though, thank you you're very kind! I'm so happy that so many of my friends/family are impressed with something *I* made 😱

It looks fabulous! Soft serve ice cream cones don't look identical anyways, so I think the variation makes it look even better. 🙂 And now I'm hungry. For ice cream. And coffee with whipped cream. None of which are what I'll be having for lunch. :( Can't wait to see the inside!

UPDATE: Just cut the soap this morning. I did a water discount for this batch and i think it may have set a little too hard, it'd been less than 24h and it was VERY SOLID. Really happy with how it came out of the silicone mould, but, I do kinda get the feeling that I might need to strike a balance with it (Maybe discounting 5% water next time?) as it was very brittle and 2 of the piping layers broke off :(

Either way, here we goooooo
116266515_2700250350264749_2960339124614097389_n.jpg

115816691_2773191036243578_4226160130904058237_n.jpg

Pardon my candid mustard, in my excitement to take the glamour shots, I'd not even seen it until after I took the photos.

Yey! Those look nice!

How much of a water discount did you do?
It could also just be timing the cut right... Not all soaps, even those with the same recipes, take the same time to harden. Sometimes you need to take into account ambient temps while curing, what additives you used, etc..

View attachment 48015

View attachment 48016

View attachment 48017

View attachment 48018

MMMMM-!

Looks super duper delicious. I cannot help but envy that soap, lol.

Back