Chocolate fragrance that discolors to dark brown

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
if I were to pour chocolate fragrance batter that discolors to dark brown on the bottom, and then spoon swirl unscented td white soap, what are the chances that the brown will bleed into the white? I don't have a vs.

If that doesn't work, how about a chocolate layer on the bottom with a cocoa powder pencil line between the chocolate and the unscented white top layer?

edit: A third option that I just came up with...how about pouring the bottom chocolate layer and cpop it, then do the white layer tomorrow.

I think I already have my mind set that it is going to bleed LOL. I don't want that.

Last edited:
I make a couple of soaps that discolor brown. Chocolate Espresso (BB) is a light-brown. I mix my oils and lye to not quite emulsion and then pour off an amount of ‘whip cream’. I then add an adjust amount of to the main batter along with Hershey’s Cocoa to make it darker and pour. I then add a cocoa ‘mica’ line. I then add some TD dispersed in oil to the other batter and stick blend to a medium-thick trace and plop by spoonfuls. The dust the top with more cocoa.

Another one…can’t remember the name offhand. I added the FO then brought to just past emulsion, then poured off if an amount and put in TD dispersed in oil. To the main batter, I added a little dispersed Brown Oxide. I generally add some kind of ‘brown’ colorant when embracing the brown to make sure the color is even. I then do a drop/chopstick swirl. I get a nice swirl and no bleeding.

Kinda winged it for this one. I can make another so I guess this was a test batch.

I did a drop swirl of white unscented into the dark, and then after that was set up a bit I did another pour on top and poured high to maybe get some really white batter in it. It is an experiment LOL.

BTW, this chocolate smells PHENOMENAL. Brownies fresh out of the oven with some burnt ends. OMG. I want to drink out of the bottle. Chocolate Indulgence by Nurture Soap.

Edit: peppermint the next time for the white portion might be nice...

Kinda winged it for this one. I can make another so I guess this was a test batch.

I did a drop swirl of white unscented into the dark, and then after that was set up a bit I did another pour on top and poured high to maybe get some really white batter in it. It is an experiment LOL.

BTW, this chocolate smells PHENOMENAL. Brownies fresh out of the oven with some burnt ends. OMG. I want to drink out of the bottle. Chocolate Indulgence by Nurture Soap.

Edit: peppermint the next time for the white portion might be nice...
Pics or it didn't happen. ;)

@AliOop preview
tempImageTwNSx4.jpg

I see it's too late to weigh in 😍, but just wanting to leave here that chocolate colour (not a discolouring FO, but actual cocoa) sometimes migrates, turns black, pink, fades, discolours on the outside only, or behaves weird in other unforeseen ways – or stays entirely well-behaved. Dunno.

I see it's too late to weigh in 😍, but just wanting to leave here that chocolate colour (not a discolouring FO, but actual cocoa) sometimes migrates, turns black, pink, fades, discolours on the outside only, or behaves weird in other unforeseen ways – or stays entirely well-behaved. Dunno.
I will remember that the next time with the cocoa powder. I added about a tablespoon of cocoa to the mix to give it some depth. Not sure if i needed it for the end result, but the raw batter looked kinda meh-brown. Hope it turns out ok lol.

I've done a white unscented drop swirl in a very dark discoloring base. The brown did eventually bleed through but it took a long time and didn't look bad.
It was a salt bar, not sure it that affected anything.

Back