Chilli soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gurdeep

Reaction score
Someone has asked me to make chilli soap using the worlds hottest chilli what design do you think I should do?

WOW! why in the world would that someone asked you to make soap with chilli? what is the world's hottest chilli anyway? jalapenos? i so don't know, coz i'm not a chilli person.

does that person likes chilli? ugh, stupid question! maybe he/she wants to feel that hotness burning all over his/her body, including sensitive parts :D

as for design, hmmmm.... you can either try to replicate the chilli itself or portray it from color's perspective, like red, green, all those bright colors. sorry i'm no help, i'm still dumbfounded by the idea itself, lol

A chili soap? :Kitten Love: The first design idea that comes to my mind is something that looks like fire! Maybe something like layered yellow, orange and reds and then hanger swirled to look like flames. :twisted:

Would that be a ghost chili? I would really question why they want a soap that will be for the most part, unusable. If its just for novelty purposes then I suppose its alright but what if someone uses a bar for a prank or a child accidentally uses a bar? I think I would have to turn the request down for safety reasons.

Are you actually using real chili peppers? I'd be concerned about the oils maybe not saponifying and causing either a burn to the skin or even a rash. Not sure I would venture there myself. If you do you could use NG's Sweet Orange Chili Pepper fragrance. I would design it like Tienne suggested with the colors and a hangar swirl. You'll have to let us know what you decide to do. And of course pictures are required...

Acording to Guiness World Record, the hottest chilli at the moment is Carolina Reaper.

In the spirit of experimentation, making the soap is not a bad idea. You can see if all the capsaicin survived the saponification or not, but I won't recommend giving or selling it to others because they may use it incorrectly. They might not fully understand how dangerous it can be.

I thought the hottest chilli was bhut jolokia. My husband has chilli sauce made with them, I wouldn't even consider making soap with chilli, I don't see it doing anything other than burning like hell! Especially if you washed your hands then touched your eyes.

Like everyone suggested, I am not sure if I would have the courage to sell or even give such a soap away!

If you just want to make a soap in the shape of a pepper then you can try to see if you can get a small silicone ice tray in that shape (these days there are a lot many silicone ice trays in all types of shapes) if you don't find that, you can ask the company called FLEXI MOLDS to see if they can make you one and if they can't do that then you can try to make your own. I know there is a YouTube video of Martha Stewart on how to make your own mold (I think that's for candle but pretty sure you can use it for soaps)

Definitely, let us know your final decision and pictures are a MUST!

Will that burn sensitive bits?

You bet it wuld burn. Even peppermint can burn. Using hot peppers in soap could actually be quite dangerous. Hopefully your insurance is paid up if you make a soap with chili. Big Warning signs will not always work with an excellent Attorney. I would not even consider such and I am usually game to try anything. This is why I save the capsaicin balms for the big boys that can fight law suits. Watkins makes a linament that burns like fire if rubbed to much on the skin.

Last edited:
I'd really question him to find out why he wants it. Does he like the scent? The look? Is it for novelty?

Perhaps dried red bell pepper? That might look like you have dried chilli peppers in the soap, but without the risk of the capsicum (sp?)

what happen to this project? any updates? i'm eager to know about the end result

Back