Chicken Soup and Chicken TOT pie

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Something I can speak with authority on LOL.

I have made chicken soup since forever. But this isn't about my chicken soup. I make a pretty awesome chicken soup. There is nothing too special about it, other than everybody loves it.

Last year I found a Rachael Ray recipe for Chicken Tot Pie. Chicken...TOT...Pie. This isn't my usual chicken soup, but it started out that way. I started with my regular soup...plopped a whole chicken in the pot with all my goodies. Followed the recipe from there...added extra goodies (mushrooms and broccoli). Topped it with tator tots and baked.

OH MY GOD. I have made this like 6 or 8 times since then.

Go look up the recipe now!! Right now. It is the most amazing dish, so simple and super yummy. Never mind. Here is the link...

Chicken Tot Pie | David Burtka

I just made it now, that's why I'm so excited LOL

edit: it says David Burtka...that was her cohost that day

I still haven't had a chance to try this recipe. I will though. I have to read through ingredients carefully since a lot of tater tots seem to have soy in them at levels that can trigger my migraines.

My coworker used to make a similar recipe at work and called it tater tot casserole. The super specific measurements I remember: brown a bunch of ground beef, add a bag of tots, add veggies, mix in extra cheese. The bake it all till the tots were done. I used to make a version where I added scrambled eggs to make it a breakfast casserole (we had to feed 5 clients and up to 4 staff at that site, big casseroles were always a hit)

Latest posts

Back