Chef's Soap????

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jody

Reaction score
I saw an add for a Chef's soap made from an "old authentic" recipe or something like that. I would love to make a "Chef's Soap" I tried to google for a recipe with no luck. Anyone heard of this or have a recipe they may like to share?

look for "kitchen soap". Usually it has coffee/coffee grounds. I don't have a recipe to share. I made one recently, it's still untested.

I'd guess soap with coffee and/or lemon to remove scents from your hands after cutting onions, etc.

DUH!!!! One of those blonde moments for me. OF COURSE it's kitchen soap!!! LOL, I feel stupid now.

CastorFan said:
I kept seeing this shiny soap on Google as "chef's soap" and I thought it
was great. Metallic-looking, so I clicked to get a better look -- heck it IS
metal. Shaped like a bar of soap and supposedly removes kitchen odors.

http://www.themusicsource.org/chefsoap.aspx

Those do work....., Whenever I cut up onions, I always rinse my hands rubbing them up and down a stainless steel spoon, It takes away all the onion smell. Don't know why it works, but it does......I have did it for years.

Vic1963 said:
Those do work....., Whenever I cut up onions, I always rinse my hands rubbing them up and down a stainless steel spoon, It takes away all the onion smell. Don't know why it works, but it does......I have did it for years.

I haven't tried it, but read where chefs will rub their fingers across a
stainless steel knife for the same reason.

Heck, I have a stainless steel SINK -- think that would work? LOL

Sure, or soap up your hands and run then up and down the faucet...a spoon or a fork. I don't have fancy silverware.....and it works with what I have.

Just has to be some kind of stainless steel.....BUT, it really does work. I hate onion hands.

oh wow I didn't know that! I'm going to have to try!

I think a good kitchen soap would be coffee for sure with maybe a little cinnamon.
Or maybe Lemon or something. I love lemon scents in the kitchen.

I did coffee soap, only used coffee FO, and ground coffee. It doesn't smell much, but it does remove scents from your hands. I wanted to add some ground cinnamon, but could not find it at the time.

I just used my regular soap recipe that I use all the time, and just add coffee at the end, and scented with coffee FO.

Hope you find a super recipe !

I don't want FO around my kitchen/hands/dish cloth/food/counter tops.
I'm going to make some "Kitchen Soap" this weekend--
plain coconut with only 1% SF so it doesn't leave spots
if it's used for cleaning. I used bar soap like that in the
kitchen for years (about 16 years ago) even for washing
a few dishes. Saves a fortune in cost of dish washing liquid.

Sure, or soap up your hands and run then up and down the faucet...a spoon or a fork. I don't have fancy silverware.....and it works with what I have.

Just has to be some kind of stainless steel.....BUT, it really does work. I hate onion hands.

Bumping this...pure genius. I never knew that trick!

My mom told me about this, and it so totally works!

But on the subject of kitchen soap, anyone have some good ideas? I was thinking lemongrass and poppy seeds.

That is AWESOME...not the soap but the steel. I have a garlic press and when Im done with it I rub it and the smell is instantly gone!

This forum is a wealth of information....today I was just clicking through blindly into old threads and that little trick caught my eye!

Dana, I would second lemongrass and poppy seeds-or finely ground coffee helps absorb odors from hands too I wonder how lemongrass and coffee would smell together...I mean the coffee grounds wouldn't be that strong of a scent

I kept seeing this shiny soap on Google as "chef's soap" and I thought it
was great. Metallic-looking, so I clicked to get a better look -- heck it IS
metal. Shaped like a bar of soap and supposedly removes kitchen odors.

http://www.themusicsource.org/chefsoap.aspx

I have used one of these before and they do work but I didn't like the thought of rubbing metal on my hands.

Back