Cheese slicer for soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuckyStar

Reaction score
One of the things that i am by far the least happy with in regards to my soap is how they look sliced. No matter how hard i try or how careful i am, my big, clunky kitchen knife leaves drag marks, doesn't cut straight and just flat out sucks(its pretty dull XD).

I've been looking for a wire soap cutter, but the cheapest i've seen any for is about 90 dollars, which is just more than i have to spend on something like that right now.

I did however stumble upon this on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004S1DU/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I make all my soap in two pound molds, so i think this would be perfect. Thoughts?

Edit: I now see the "People who bought this item also bought" and its all soap making items...i guess that answers my question, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would probably work well for what you want to use it for. There have been many that started with cheese slicers. I have a Wire cutter that is similar to a cheese slicer and it works well.

I just bought that very one a few days ago and have cut two loaves with it. So far, the best decision I have ever made. The hardest thing I have found is keeping the loaf straight. I used a pencil to mark my thickness of cut. I'm thinking I might attach a wood bar to the board to keep my loaf straight while I cut. So far, I'm glad I bought it.

I just bought that very one a few days ago and have cut two loaves with it. So far, the best decision I have ever made. The hardest thing I have found is keeping the loaf straight. I used a pencil to mark my thickness of cut. I'm thinking I might attach a wood bar to the board to keep my loaf straight while I cut. So far, I'm glad I bought it.

I'm thinking i'll just recruit the boyfriend to brace it on both sides while i do the slicing on pre marked indents ^.^

wow! This is awesome..thanks for sharing..I think I'll get this and a slab mold ..I was trying to decide between the wire cutter and slab mold but the price of this and what I need it for will allow me to get both :)

I got it and used it to cut my beer soap...love it! I have the same issue keeping it from moving but I just held it tightly before slicing. I think attaching a wood bar is a great idea!

IMG_2195[1].jpg

I have several soap cutters including this one. It's quick and easy to cut into desired sizes. Most of all, the stainless less board makes clean up a breeze! Love it!

May I ask where you got this? I've been looking for a large one for a very long time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back