Checking in, Merry Xmas

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky

Reaction score
I'm a little late with the holiday wishes, but Merry Christmas none the less.

We had a great day here at the Pub. Robyne (Step Mum) put on a great spread, with turkey, ham, salad, seafood, pudding, pavlova, trifle, etc, etc, etc. We had some guests join us for the day: a mum with 2 teenage kids that are moving to Darwin as she has been posted there with the RAAF. They were great fun, really nice people. They had a great time, helped out with the dishes, were excellent to have around.

Then we had an older couple from Alice Springs, on their way thru to Darwin also. Not such nice people, thought it was totally acceptable to light a joint in the beer garden of the pub, with kids & non-dope-smokers all around. They were told in no uncertain terms that was not OK, and they were welcome to leave if they wanted to smoke dope. They put it out, but had to 'stretch their legs' about every hour for the rest of the day.

There were 3 young guys, probably early 20's, and a young couple about the same age joined us as well. The couple had been camping at Elsy Springs, up at Katherine Gorge and had been flooded in for 3 days, so were very appreciative when they were invited to stay! All of them were really great value to spend the day with.

We had a great arvo in the pool, played pool volleyball - the girls FLOGGED the guys several times over, GO GURLPOWER :lol:

I did my first full shift in the bar today. It was 39 degrees celcius in the bar, I could just about wring my shirt out when I finished, I had sweated that much! I haven't done a bar shift in a lot of years & I think I'm going to sleep extra well tonight - I'm knackered!! :lol:

We have a rodeo and a costume party on for New Years Eve. Our rooms are fully booked out, so it should be a great (busy!!) night.

If I don't get a chance to log in before then, I hope you all have a happy and safe New Years Eve, and I'll talk to you in '09!

Hi Becky! Glad you had such a great day and thanks for taking the time to check in......I was wondering how you were getting on. Swap package arrived in time for Chrissie - thanks so much for getting it off! - and I will post a report on the swap thread for feedback soon.

You have a wonderful New Year too - sounds like it will be great :D

Then we had an older couple from Alice Springs, on their way thru to Darwin also. Not such nice people, thought it was totally acceptable to light a joint in the beer garden of the pub, with kids & non-dope-smokers all around

:shock: :shock: :eek: :eek:

Tanya :)

Latest posts

Back