Check your Costco oo cost!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, the oz dollar is around 70 cents to the US dollar at the moment. As she said because they have to import it, it costs more, they probably add on GST (goods and services tax), not sure if there's an import tax etc.

We have found that what we save there easily covers the membership cost. When we still had our kids at home, the savings in milk alone just about covered it.

Only two of us here and I find the local 3 big supermarkets have what we need without having to buy big, I do look out for specials and buy up on those. The supermarkets have price wars, so what one doesn't have the other will. I think the cost in petrol here now added on makes it too expensive to shop out of the local area unless you buy in bulk.

Just looked at Aldi today, and OO is cheaper than Costco for aussies at $5.99 for 1 litre, .60 cents for 100ml.
What I like about this is, I don't have to pay a membership, or travel or pay for petrol on top to get it and I don't have to buy bulk and store it, just get 1 whenever I'm in there :)_____________________________________________________________________
Costco - 4 litres at $26, so that's $6.50 for 1 litre or .65 per 100ml.
2x 3 litre bottles are $40 AUD, $6.66 a litre, so .67 per 100ml roughly
It's cheaper to buy 4 litres than 6 there.:eek:

Last edited:
Wow you are lucky, Around here OO is expensive .
I don't really use it, did buy a 2 pack at Costco. But I decided not to use it in my recipe. I don't like the feel of it. So I have a full bottle sitting here :(

The OO I get at Costco are 3 liter bottles and there are 2 in a pack for 25.99 right now. I noticed online though it's 37.99...It was 32.99 in the store the last several months. Glad it dropped. I don use a lot of OO in my soaps but use when I cook.

Maybe I was mistaken about it being 2 L. Still, I wonder if the price might go down like it did in the states. 2/25.99 is a great bargain.
The costco i go to have both 2 litre (organic about $20 bucks) then they have 3 litres (not organic but still extra virgin olive oil for about $20 as well) i find the 3 litres fluctuate more anywhere between $19 and change to upwards of $23. I use so much olive oil for cooking (infusing dried herbs from my garden - so many allergies olive oil is my go to due to few local options). That when its at 19 bucks i go in and will buy about 100 dollars worth

The 6l pack said something like 85% refined and 15% extra virgin on the label. They also seem to have a good price on coconut oil, $14 for 84oz.

That's a good price for you, add on $60 here to join :eek: petrol to get there at $1.61 a litre - $20, 1 1/2 hrs return driving trip, not so cheap, that's if they sell at that price here which I doubt, add 30% for the oz dollar difference, it just goes on and on.
Is there some way to find out the price to save driving there ?

Altho you have quite a ways to go to get there - in the states we have an executive membership, which costs twice the regular one, but it gives you 2% cash back on your purchases-excluding fuel :( (which I buy there for about $.20 less than other stations) :). I can usually make back 75% of my membership cost by doing the majority of my shopping there, paying only about $30 to renew, so it's worth it for me.

And if you apply/get their sponsored credit card, you can get even more back.....

One of the previous replies indicated that their Costco doesn't carry larger amounts of coconut oil. Our Costco has a 128 oz tub of refined organic coconut oil for $14.99, and the unrefined OCO is $16.99 for about 80 oz. The bonus with the 128 oz unit is that the plastic tub has a lid and handle - perfect for mixing lye :)

Latest posts

Back