Cheap beginner molds-what are yours?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How well did this style of cheese cutter work for you? Did it cut fairly evenly from top to bottom as the wire sliced through the loaf? I have been mulling over purchasing a wood unit similar to this...

I started with a cheese slicer...$15.00 on Amazon. Since it is meant to cut through cheddar and swiss, I had no issues with it cutting through soap cleanly. But I did run into a small issue of downforce wanting to move the loaf and I would sometimes end up with uneven cuts. Simple solution was to run to Home Depot and buy a round dowel, course sandpaper and wood glue. I cut the dowel to the size of the board (before the wire), split it down the middle and sanded it. I then measured an inch from the bottom of the board and sanded a section of the finish of the length and width of the towel and then glued and clamped the dowel down. Used that puppy for quite a few months and would probably still be using it if I hadn't got a heck of a deal on gently used Bud's single bar cutter.

I just wanted to throw in that these are really decent for the price on amazon and so far they've held up for a month of heavy use
I was looking to see if anyone would recommend these before I did. I have several and they work awesome. Have had mine for a couple of years now. :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back