Charging for Samples

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I have been asked to supply samples for conferences and for use in "goody" bags, which I don't mind doing. It's a great opportunity.

The problem is this...after a while..it gets expensive.

My newest request is to supply 100 3.5-oz bars with a customized promotional label.

It is great marketing for me..but it is expensive. Should I charge...and how much???

Well what does 1oz of soap cost you to make??

you would be providing 350 ounces of soap for the gift bags, so lets say you can make soap for .45 C/Oz thats $158 (rounded up)...now look at it like this..what is your advertising cost? does it match or surpass the amount above? could you write that off as an advertising expense'? because Im sure that it will bring business (especially with your label and website etc...)..

you could either do that or maybe request that the company pay a portion of the cost, explaining to them that its expensive etc... maybe like $70 and then you pay the rest as an 'advertising expense'?

just some ideas!

The business making the request has to understand that a 3.5 oz bar with customized label is hardly a sample. I would charge at least enough to cover costs.

Ouch, 1 or 1.5oz is a sample. 3.5oz bars is a custom order. I would offer them 1oz bars for free and put a wholeale price on the larger bars for them.

I will guarentee they know what they are asking is not a reasonable request & would bet they are 90% sure you are not planning to do it!

Latest posts

Back