Chardonnay Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

OK,
I let my wine sit out for 2 days.. to go flat... which it was..

Chardonnay
Room Temp, and Flat

Recipe
Coconut, Olive, Veggie Soybean Oil Hydro.

Superfatted with Shea Butter 10%
Lye Concentration 33%

FO's added: 1oz Soap Salon Amber, 1oz Sweet Cakes Blueberry
*didnt know whatelse to use LOL*

Lye Temp 100
Oil Temp 100

Distilled Water 4.2 , 4.4 Wine

I added the lye to the distilled..
Mixed til a slight trace..

Mixed in the mixture of everything else..

BAM! A FULL SEIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slapped in the mold quick...

Its in the oven.

Could have been

A. Fragrances... first time using those
B. Wine .. Maybe use half and half next time (with distilled water)
C. Use no water discount, soap full amount

What do you all think?

Update:
I checked on the Blueberry Fo (by the way its wonderful!)
I forgot who I got that from.. Tab? was it you?

Anyway,

It doesnt Accelerate..

So.. it could be the Amber..
or the other issues listed.

smellitlikeitis said:
Update:
I checked on the Blueberry Fo (by the way its wonderful!)
I forgot who I got that from.. Tab? was it you?

Anyway,

It doesnt Accelerate..

So.. it could be the Amber..
or the other issues listed.

Hi smellitlikeitis - I am not very "experienced" with this (yet), but I think I have read the alcohol has something to do with this - it can be helped by boiling the wine to cook the alcohol out of it... I think the same also goes with beer... I could be way off, but I think that is what I am going to try whe I give my Vino soaps a whirl... Its Castile for me right now, that is until I get my 2 new TOG molds from Paul! :) Cant wait. I bet your wine soap smells yummy!

Cheers!

Yeah, but it can be flat when used. You dont have to cook the beer/wine. Just flat..

and flat it was LOL

I just sat out some White Zinfindale (sp?)
So I will try it again tomorrow with full amount of water, and fo's.

Blame it on the alcohol, and with good reason, something about the sugar, hops, brew, etc. I tried to soap some Heineken earlier this week, no fragrance oil. Beer had been flat for two weeks. Can you say volcano? I thought I was back int he 7th grade with a crazy science experiment. Tottaly failed batch, had to toss it.

A few days ago I soaped some Guinness, had a slight acceleration, and had to pot in freezer, but its curing nicely now.

A few hours after the Guinness I soaps some White Russian Kahlua. Same volcano experience, but I manage d to save it but cutting the tops off.

One thing with alcohol soaps, they do not like added heat at all. They will go into instant gel anyway, so putting it in the freezer rather than the over is the best way to go.

Forgot to add that putting the alcohol or alcohol/water mixture into a freezer and letting it get slushy and then adding the lye in little increments helps so that your lye water does not volcano out of the container all over the place in one hot frothy mess (don't ask me how I know.)

Latest posts

Back