Charcoal Blue Energy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MellonFriend

Reaction score
I made this batch of charcoal soap for my sister yesterday. It's got kaolin and bentonite clay in it. Fragranced with BB Energy. I think this is my favorite design yet!
1659548201663.png
1659548217802.png

I like this style! A lot. What beauties you created. I bet they wash really nice too, clean ⚪

I don’t know why but the first thing that came up to me was the word Marvel. For some reason, colours, shapes, shadowy popping colours. Really beautiful. May I ask how you got these shapes and colours, or is that being too nosy? The shapes are very much ‘MARVEL’ to me. Especially the green coloured soap. Gorgeous

I don’t know why but the first thing that came up to me was the word Marvel. For some reason, colours, shapes, shadowy popping colours. Really beautiful. May I ask how you got these shapes and colours, or is that being too nosy? The shapes are very much ‘MARVEL’ to me. Especially the green coloured soap. Gorgeous
I don't mind sharing at all! 😃 My colors are activated charcoal for the black plus a little black glitter from Nurture soap. The other two colors are actually more blue in real life. The darker blue is blue vibrance, and the lighter is blue vibrance with TD. The color is also being affected by my FO which discolors to light yellow. To make this affect I tilted my mold on an angle and poured in the black, then I poured the blues over top of it. Then I did a hanger swirl (hanger wrapped in masking tape), but my bottom black layer had set up so much that it made that crazy craggy look when I drug the hanger through it. Then I textured the top by pulling the black to the center of the bar with a spoon which sort of smooshed over the blue. I was afraid my batter had gotten too thick and was going to make air bubbles when I swirled it, but it turned out amazing!

Last edited:
Really cool to share this. Thank you for that.
Your soap should be trending tbh. Its VERY nice. Very clean and the hard contrasting colours with the lighter, they remind me of Superman and Spider-Man colours. I think because they are the poly colour film colours for the 70’s. I don’t mean that in a bad way but contrary, very finessed. I hope you can show more in the future if you make more of these. Interesting. Its probably your signature. Keep it, you own it!
Would you mind adding a picture of the blue on the side too?

Nice one!!

Have a good evening 🪬

Really cool to share this. Thank you for that.
Your soap should be trending tbh. Its VERY nice. Very clean and the hard contrasting colours with the lighter, they remind me of Superman and Spider-Man colours. I think because they are the poly colour film colours for the 70’s. I don’t mean that in a bad way but contrary, very finessed. I hope you can show more in the future if you make more of these. Interesting. Its probably your signature. Keep it, you own it!

Nice one!!

Have a good evening 🪬
Thank you so much for the compliment! I'm a big superhero fan, so it gives me joy to know that it reminds you of that. 😊 If I ever make more of this style, I'll be sure to upload them. This is only hobby for so far, so it might be a little while until I get back around to trying it again. If you give it a shot, it would be so cool to see how you make out!

You mean like this?
IMG_4303.JPG

Oh wow, that’s exactly how I pictured it! What an amazing combination.
Did you use mica or indigo? Its truly a beautiful work!

you’re also good in cutting🤩
I’m not but am reading about that a lot atm.

Thank you for sharing, it’s so nice to see people make something special and to make it their signature. Really good.

I might try but it could never be that same print as all hands have such different ways of working.

You should keep this one as in your collection! Its definitely a very good recipe. You’re the cook, don’t give your full recipe away… just a tiny biit makes people curious how you did that. 🪬

Have a lovely day with your creativity and please show some of your new soap if you can.

Oh wow, that’s exactly how I pictured it! What an amazing combination.
Did you use mica or indigo? Its truly a beautiful work!

you’re also good in cutting🤩
I’m not but am reading about that a lot atm.

Thank you for sharing, it’s so nice to see people make something special and to make it their signature. Really good.

I might try but it could never be that same print as all hands have such different ways of working.

You should keep this one as in your collection! Its definitely a very good recipe. You’re the cook, don’t give your full recipe away… just a tiny biit makes people curious how you did that. 🪬

Have a lovely day with your creativity and please show some of your new soap if you can.
I used micas. And I used to be no good at cutting, but I got a miter box and that helped me a ton. I put up some pictures of some soaps I just made on page two of this thread if you'd like to see them. 🙂 --> How Would You Spend $50 for Soapmaking on Amazon

Latest posts

Back