Chamomile FO Recommendation

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saponificarian

Reaction score
Hello all,

I need a great Chamomile FO. I have some that I just finished but it’s from the UK. I am not sure I can even order from the UK to here. Let me know if you have a great one from any supplier in Canada or the US.

Where did you get your Chamomile Fo from? Have you been happy with it?
I have been on a lookout for a Chamomile fragrance, and ordering from the UK would be a good option for me. Mind sharing a link to the one you have?

Soap Kitchen UK, but I see they now sell by 100g.
Yes, I wasquite happy with it.

Thank you:)

It is so incredibly annoying when the soapkitchen have items out of stock, because they disconnect the link so you can`t know the price of out of any out of stock items until it gets back in stock.

Why do they do that? Does everyone has time to go and stalk a site until things get back in stock so we can know the price?
I like the type of system where the price still stands, but there is a cross over out of stock items. That way things look a bit more transparrant.

I have ordered from them twice but they have such a crazy over the top shipping (to Norway at least) that it simply is not worth it. The quality has been adequate.

I read that most go-to materials have been vanishing from shelves and there search for alternative suppliers or substitute materials is on. I'm happy to say that key chemical components of the chamomile scent are heptyl butyrate and butyl angelates. These materials can be custom made by manufacturing chemists. This may be the best time to talk to your manufacturing chemist and experiment with key chemical components as substitutes. The butyrates and angelates are 100% pure, organic, biodegradable, and should be compatible with candle recipes.

I read that most go-to materials have been vanishing from shelves and there search for alternative suppliers or substitute materials is on. I'm happy to say that key chemical components of the chamomile scent are heptyl butyrate and butyl angelates. These materials can be custom made by manufacturing chemists. This may be the best time to talk to your manufacturing chemist and experiment with key chemical components as substitutes. The butyrates and angelates are 100% pure, organic, biodegradable, and should be compatible with candle recipes.
Good to know' you sound like a chemist. ✨💫

I used Oregon Trails' German Chamomile Tea 8/28. So far, I am very pleased, seems to be sticking well and the fragrance is not too light. However, I have never used Chamomile before so I don't know if the scent is true.

I used Oregon Trails' German Chamomile Tea 8/28. So far, I am very pleased, seems to be sticking well and the fragrance is not too light. However, I have never used Chamomile before so I don't know if the scent is true.

What does OT German Chamomile smell like?

I am not great at descriptions but I think of it as a light grassy scent, almost sweet with a little of the warmness of a hay field. I would consider it a calming scent.

This is OT's description
The smooth aroma of a relaxing cup of chamomile tea is skillfully crafted in this amazingly realistic fragrance oil! Green herbal notes of clary sage, chrysanthemum leaf and dandelion combine with balsamic notes of German and Roman chamomile oils which are toned down with light, fruity nuances of golden apple and apricot. Sweet, dry notes of camellia leaf, sweet clover, marigold and forest moss add an interesting dry down to this wonderful fragrance. Try combining Chamomile Tea and lavender for a very calming blend for your products. It's an excellent fragrance for baby soaps and soaps white, too!

I am not great at descriptions but I think of it as a light grassy scent, almost sweet with a little of the warmness of a hay field. I would consider it a calming scent.

This is OT's description
The smooth aroma of a relaxing cup of chamomile tea is skillfully crafted in this amazingly realistic fragrance oil! Green herbal notes of clary sage, chrysanthemum leaf and dandelion combine with balsamic notes of German and Roman chamomile oils which are toned down with light, fruity nuances of golden apple and apricot. Sweet, dry notes of camellia leaf, sweet clover, marigold and forest moss add an interesting dry down to this wonderful fragrance. Try combining Chamomile Tea and lavender for a very calming blend for your products. It's an excellent fragrance for baby soaps and soaps white, too!

Thank you @lucycat, sounds intriguing.

Latest posts

Back