Challenge Teaser

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When I am up for doing the challenge next, I will do the Ribbon Pour. I was trying out a couple variations of it, which I will also present in the challenge but I thought I'd post a teaser!

Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 6.41.03 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 6.40.46 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 11.41.00 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 11.41.19 PM.jpg

OK, and I won't be doing that!! I am so jealous...

ETA: I searched YouTube for videos of this technique and can't find any. I did watch your red & white demo video and I think I understand the concept.

Last edited:
I'm trying to find out all the variations on the theme, or at least a good variety of them. It certainly can make for an interesting bar of soap! I have made a few terrors as well but that's part of the drill.

Teresa, you have to try it when the challenge comes. It's not as hard as it looks.

I'm going to make another batch for this month's challenge and just use two colors. After that, I'll give the ribbon pour another try. I did my Christmas soap with a red & white ribbon pour and they're not very pretty. (I've got a drunken one-eyed reindeer.)

So the truth finally comes out!! It wasn't Grandma's fault she was run over by a reindeer. The reindeer had been drinking the eggnog, not Grandma!

No. I'm doing these with a bowl that has a wider rounded lip for pouring. Different effect from the long spout pour but same overall concept. It's hard to get a 1/2" ribbon off it, if you like that look, but you can still get good effects.

Last edited:
Yes! That will do nicely. I've used a number of different bowls and containers. I like a smaller container so the colors layer. DO you have a couple different sizes of that style?

Back