Challenge Teaser

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

gdawgs

Reaction score
I hope to be able to make a bar of soap that looks like that some day. Very nice!

TeresaT

I see you.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
OK, and I won't be doing that!! I am so jealous...

ETA: I searched YouTube for videos of this technique and can't find any. I did watch your red & white demo video and I think I understand the concept.

Last edited:

Arimara

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eek. I'm only getting my feet wet with these colorants.

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'm trying to find out all the variations on the theme, or at least a good variety of them. It certainly can make for an interesting bar of soap! I have made a few terrors as well but that's part of the drill.

Teresa, you have to try it when the challenge comes. It's not as hard as it looks.

TeresaT

I see you.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to make another batch for this month's challenge and just use two colors. After that, I'll give the ribbon pour another try. I did my Christmas soap with a red & white ribbon pour and they're not very pretty. (I've got a drunken one-eyed reindeer.)

lenarenee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to make another batch for this month's challenge and just use two colors. After that, I'll give the ribbon pour another try. I did my Christmas soap with a red & white ribbon pour and they're not very pretty. (I've got a drunken one-eyed reindeer.)

So the truth finally comes out!! It wasn't Grandma's fault she was run over by a reindeer. The reindeer had been drinking the eggnog, not Grandma!

Sonya-m

Reaction score
Really looking forward to trying this technique. Do you think the long spout jugs are a must?

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
No. I'm doing these with a bowl that has a wider rounded lip for pouring. Different effect from the long spout pour but same overall concept. It's hard to get a 1/2" ribbon off it, if you like that look, but you can still get good effects.

Last edited:

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Yes! That will do nicely. I've used a number of different bowls and containers. I like a smaller container so the colors layer. DO you have a couple different sizes of that style?

KristaY

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You set the bar high, newbie! I'd better start practicing now since I know it'll take at least 5 tries before I get it right, lol. Great work on the posted soaps!

Latest posts