Cellular Data Rip-Off Case Solved!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBandCW

Reaction score
My good deed for the day is to alert all to a costly problem that we have been dealing with on our iPhones. We have a plan for cellular data that was saying we were using 5-10 times the amt we know we needed. After changing phones, carriers, etc. the answer came today and is a problem many people are encountering. Turns out the Wi-Fi Assist is the problem that can be disabled, but will turn on again in certain situations. Family members were watching netflix on their phones while it was charging and even though house has Wi-Fi the phone switched to data! Outrageous!!! ATT&T credited us and did right by us but Apple is the one who put in these sneaky gadgets to take advantage.
Be aware!

Last edited:
Oh god don't do that. Android all the way!

I've been the android route and I hate them with a seething passion. It's also harder for me to get a NON samsung phone with android that is at least decent. On the plus side, I like the lack of google based apps and what not available for windows phones. It forced a lot of ingenuity amongst developers and personally, my kid is less inclined to hog and use up my data unless she wants to watch YT or Netflix (I love the lack of games).

Omg! This is the one

Fred-sanford-heart-attack-o.jpg

Last edited:
Back