Celestial Colors! <3

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacey

Reaction score
These are the first soaps I made with Celelstial Colors! I must say that I love them!

Thanks to Krissy who told me about them when I had my "Colorant Tantrum" on the CP board.
http://www.soapmakingforum.com/forum/vi ... hp?t=30377

The two toned green is "Basil, Sage and Mint" from NG and the Pink/Orange is "Grapefruit and Ginger" from Sweetcakes.

I can't wait to try a three color swirl!

:oops: Question about the little white spots on the soaps. They're not zapping at all. So I'm sure it's not lye. And they're dry so it's no oils.

I use shea butter in all my soaps. This is the 2nd and 3rd batch of soaps with these colors and the first time I've seen these spots. Could it be the shea butter?

This batch of shea butter is grainy. But I figured since I was just using it in soap that it shouldn't be a problem. I've used probably about 3/4 of the box of shea and never had a problem before. Maybe I do now because of the colorant?!?! But that doesn't make sense to me. It's not like the liquid colorants are clumpy like they can be with powdered colorants. And besides they'd be colored spots then, right?

Have any experience with that or advice to share?

I love CC too!

The spots are probably stearic spots. Not really anything to worry about, might try melting at a slightly higher temp and then letting cool back down again next time.

Ah. Yes. Both very good answers to the problem. Thank you both for responding.

Steric acid. I can see that. I stir my palm oil the best I can but that could be it.

I think I'm leaning more towards the air bubbles though.
Three reasons:
1. I used the same ingredients in both recipes, there are bubbles in both but more in the pink/orange than the two tone green.
2. I used the stick blender to blend in the colorants. I probably blended more than what I needed to because these were new colors I wanted to make sure I got them mixed in well.
3. I thought they looked like air bubbles but I've never had them like that before and wasn't sure.

Love those colors.... those bars look great.
I just got NG's Basil, Sage & Mint in a 1oz. size so I am going to make a 1lb. batch to try it out. :)

Latest posts

Back