Celebrating Arizona

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I made a few Hippy Hooters awhile back and decided to try a cannabis soap since Arizona is recently legal for recreational use. I’ve never used fragrance oils but curiosity got the best of me and I bought the cannabis FO from WSP. I made one batch with straight FO, then second batch with FO and patchouli EO , then third batch with FO , patchouli EO, Rosemary EO . I’m going to try it with a blend of “I’m not sure yet EO” and leave out the cannabis FO next time. The specks of green are ground mint, not the real thing! LOL It was fun making it

Attachments

• 7125AE0C-B45E-49C9-917C-3D0E5118AA8E.jpeg
    7125AE0C-B45E-49C9-917C-3D0E5118AA8E.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 16
I made a few Hippy Hooters awhile back and decided to try a cannabis soap since Arizona is recently legal for recreational use. I’ve never used fragrance oils but curiosity got the best of me and I bought the cannabis FO from WSP. I made one batch with straight FO, then second batch with FO and patchouli EO , then third batch with FO , patchouli EO, Rosemary EO . I’m going to try it with a blend of “I’m not sure yet EO” and leave out the cannabis FO next time. The specks of green are ground mint, not the real thing! LOL It was fun making it

Okay...there is a difference between using a FO than smells like weed and actually using weed in your soap...mostly CBD Oil. And the CBD Soaps you see in the stores is made from from Hemp, not Marijuana.

Regardless of the legal status of your state, it is still illegal on a federal level...which means you can't sell soap made from CBD Oil from Cannabis outside of your state or face interstate drug charges.

I live in Oregon and weed is legal here. I checked into making soap from Cannabis CBD Oil and it is just NOT worth it the cost...both in terms of time and a lot of freaking money.

Okay...there is a difference between using a FO than smells like weed and actually using weed in your soap...mostly CBD Oil. And the CBD Soaps you see in the stores is made from from Hemp, not Marijuana.

Regardless of the legal status of your state, it is still illegal on a federal level...which means you can't sell soap made from CBD Oil from Cannabis outside of your state or face interstate drug charges.

I live in Oregon and weed is legal here. I checked into making soap from Cannabis CBD Oil and it is just NOT worth it the cost...both in terms of time and a lot of freaking money.
Yes , exactly. I understand @Gecko . I used hemp oil and FO. Not CBD , etc. I thought it would be fun to celebrate being legal as we’ve worked on that for years here . So, I was curious as to what the FO smelled like and if it was close. It actually is a little bit, but then I got to thinking .... who would want to walk around smelling like pot anyway ? 😂 maybe like the old days, you try to hide it —- legal or not ? 😂 So, I’m celebrating the landmark in Az that we have passed the barrier . I have friends in California, Oregon, and Colorado. Arizona is among the ranks and celebrating .👍🏼

AHHHHHHH...thanks for the explaining it. I was just a bit concerned because a YT soap maker was promoting CBD oil in soap making (weed was legal in their state) and didn’t want folks getting into trouble.

My husband smokes weed (in the garage)...I can’t stand the smell of it.

AHHHHHHH...thanks for the explaining it. I was just a bit concerned because a YT soap maker was promoting CBD oil in soap making (weed was legal in their state) and didn’t want folks getting into trouble.

My husband smokes weed (in the garage)...I can’t stand the smell of it.
Sorry if I wasn’t clear . It does smell a bit like skunk LOL. But actually CBD oil itself is legal anyway ... so I’m not sure why it can’t be used in soap ? It’s only the THC that’s the concern . But for my purposes, cost etc.. I just thought using the mold , the hemp and the look would be enough . And again.. who wants to smell like skun.... er, I mean weed? 😂

@Zing good news! Due to help from friends in "high" places (see what I did there? trying to stick with the OP's theme), I've been sprung.

Conditions of release include being extra nice to everyone here; any more Reports will be considered a parole violation, and back I go.

Maybe I shouldn't have shared that though, in case anyone here is hoping to be rid of me permanently? 🤔🤫

Last edited:
@Zing good news! Due to help from friends in "high" places (see what I did there? trying to stick with the OP's theme), I've been sprung.

Conditions of release include being extra nice to everyone here; any more Reports will be considered a parole violation, and back I go.

Maybe I shouldn't have shared that though, in case anyone here is hoping to be rid of me permanently? 🤔🤫
excited sister act GIF

Back