Cedarwood EO in CP Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does Cedarwood eo stick well in cp soap? I am really going for an all cedar smell, so I don't care to have any other anchoring smells if I can avoid it.

Does cedar have a tendency to ash up? That's my experience with sandalwood (fo/eo blend)

Yes, cedarwood EO is strong and tends to overpower and outlast other EOs. Can't say about the ash; can't recall that ever happening in the bars where I've used it, but I never have used it on its own. An all-cedarwood bar would not be pleasant to my nose at all, so I only use it in blends. Maybe someone who has used it straight will have more intel for you.

But, do you want your soap to smell like a cedar forest, or cedarwood EO? Those are really different smells.

Hmmm, not sure I have anything that goes with cedarwood. I just used up the rest of my 10x orange. Peppermint might make it smell like that sawdust that they used to clean up vomit in school LOL

Lavender? I can't think of how that would smell. I'm going for an all-eo here. Maybe lavender and peppermint?

I love cedar and bergamot, but I don't have enough bergamot. i also have lime eo...

Well I made part 1 of my challenge soap last night. It is all cedarwood. I am happy to report that today it has zero ash.

I kinda like the smell as-is lol. But I think I am going to go with a blend of cedar, lemon, and lavender for the rest of it. I really wish I had bergamot. Well I do, but not nearly enough for soaping with.

Hmmm, not sure I have anything that goes with cedarwood. I just used up the rest of my 10x orange. Peppermint might make it smell like that sawdust that they used to clean up vomit in school LOL

Lavender? I can't think of how that would smell. I'm going for an all-eo here. Maybe lavender and peppermint?

I love cedar and bergamot, but I don't have enough bergamot. i also have lime eo...
I use Cedarwood and Lavender in my Pine Tar soap; I really like it.

Latest posts

Back