Help Support SoapMakingForum:

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
It looks great!:)

HowieRoll

Reaction score
They look great! It's a difficult technique to get just right, and, wow, you hit it square on, right down to the snow flocking the trees. Super well done!

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen it, but haven't tried it. This is excellent! Nice job!!!!

Dawni

Reaction score
That is beautiful soap. And kudos for it being your first try at it :)

Karmic

Reaction score
That's really pretty. Another technique I have to add to my list of things to try. Thank you for sharing!!

Lin19687

Reaction score
Is there a Video for that somewhere? Looks cool ! i would love to watch that.
No way my recipe would be able to do that :(

The_Emerald_Chicken

Reaction score
Is there a Video for that somewhere? Looks cool ! i would love to watch that.
No way my recipe would be able to do that :(
I don't know if there are videos out there or not. I got the idea from my cousin-in-law...it's one of her favorite designs. It really wasn't that hard, but I would have been up a creek if the FO had accelerated.

soapmaker

Soapmaker
Reaction score
I never heard of that swirl and never saw anything so beautiful! Not that I could do it but how DO you do something like that? Great example of how partial gel can work in your favour.

The_Emerald_Chicken

Reaction score
I poured the white base and set my hanger on the bottom of the mold, in the center. Then I took turns with the gray/blue and evergreen (and a little white) in squirt bottles and layered for the branches, filling in the sides with the gray/blue as I went. Then I brought the hanger up through the middle for the trunk. (Sorry, I didn't take pictures in the process :() Soap Queen has a tutorial of a similar design here: https://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body-tutorials/cold-process-soap/christmas-tree-cold-process/

I'd like to try another batch before Christmas....thought about trying to add snowflakes in the sky, but I think it might be best to leave good enough alone! Not sure how well they'd show up either.

There's Soap

Reaction score
I also tried the tree swirl for the first time recently. The Bamboo FO I was using accelerated the batter somewhat and I was panicking, but I still managed to pull off three tree layers. TheresSoap-tree.jpg

I love the snowy look of your tree, The_Emerald_Chicken!

For anyone looking for a video, I don't think I had found one either, but there are a lot of feather swirl videos out there, and it is a very similar technique.

Latest posts