Cedar tree swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Emerald_Chicken

Reaction score
20191110_082229.jpg
Anyone try this tree swirl before? This was my first attempt and I was pretty pleased...although it didn't quite reach complete gel phase I'd love to see other people's spins on the same design!

They look great! It's a difficult technique to get just right, and, wow, you hit it square on, right down to the snow flocking the trees. Super well done!

That's really pretty. Another technique I have to add to my list of things to try. Thank you for sharing!!

Is there a Video for that somewhere? Looks cool ! i would love to watch that.
No way my recipe would be able to do that :(
I don't know if there are videos out there or not. I got the idea from my cousin-in-law...it's one of her favorite designs. It really wasn't that hard, but I would have been up a creek if the FO had accelerated.

I never heard of that swirl and never saw anything so beautiful! Not that I could do it but how DO you do something like that? Great example of how partial gel can work in your favour.

I poured the white base and set my hanger on the bottom of the mold, in the center. Then I took turns with the gray/blue and evergreen (and a little white) in squirt bottles and layered for the branches, filling in the sides with the gray/blue as I went. Then I brought the hanger up through the middle for the trunk. (Sorry, I didn't take pictures in the process :() Soap Queen has a tutorial of a similar design here: https://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body-tutorials/cold-process-soap/christmas-tree-cold-process/

I'd like to try another batch before Christmas....thought about trying to add snowflakes in the sky, but I think it might be best to leave good enough alone! Not sure how well they'd show up either.

I also tried the tree swirl for the first time recently. The Bamboo FO I was using accelerated the batter somewhat and I was panicking, but I still managed to pull off three tree layers.
TheresSoap-tree.jpg

I love the snowy look of your tree, The_Emerald_Chicken!

For anyone looking for a video, I don't think I had found one either, but there are a lot of feather swirl videos out there, and it is a very similar technique.

Back